890 6 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've got a trip planned for Colorado in the next few weeks.  Can anyone give me any suggestions on where to go to fly safely, and legally?  I would like to get as many pictures / videos as I can.
2018-8-27
Use props
dhytxz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14728 ft
United States

Me, too. Looking for some great places to film the skyline.
2018-8-27
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dhytxz Posted at 2018-8-27 13:14
Me, too. Looking for some great places to film the skyline.

When are you heading to CO?
2018-8-28
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have been doing some searching, and have found that it is legal to fly from Mount Evans.  That is going to be on my list for certain!!  There is also Echo Lake.  Both of these seem to be about an hour from Denver.  I'll have to put both of those on my list.

Is there anyone that can add, or give any other recommendations?
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Aside from other suggestions who have experienced flying their drone in Colorado. You can check the if the location would be restricted or not and for possible unlocking locations as well. Please see the link below. Thank you for the support.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe
2018-9-4
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-4 14:55
Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Aside from other suggestions who have experienced flying their drone in Colorado. You can check the if the location would be restricted or not and for possible unlocking locations as well. Please see the link below. Thank you for the support.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe

Thanks Tony.  I always use apps like AirMap to check the location before I get there, just to make sure that it's legal to fly, or if i have to get a permit or clearance for my flights.  (learned that the hard way)

But since I have never been to Colorado, I was looking for more in the lines of suggestions from any local pilots to tell me the best places to go, so that I could get the best views.  I've seen some really great views and videos on people visiting Lake Echo, and Mount Evans, so I'm pretty sure that is where my visit will take me.  I really only have one day to explore, so I was trying to maximize the time spent.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

3-D Posted at 2018-9-5 04:09
Thanks Tony.  I always use apps like AirMap to check the location before I get there, just to make sure that it's legal to fly, or if i have to get a permit or clearance for my flights.  (learned that the hard way)

But since I have never been to Colorado, I was looking for more in the lines of suggestions from any local pilots to tell me the best places to go, so that I could get the best views.  I've seen some really great views and videos on people visiting Lake Echo, and Mount Evans, so I'm pretty sure that is where my visit will take me.  I really only have one day to explore, so I was trying to maximize the time spent.

Thanks for your prompt reply, hope you'll get the best location to fly your drone. Thank you for the support and have a safe flight.
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules