DJI Phantom 3 support
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
craigr9
lvl.2

United States

I called DJI support, while having a problem with the 1.19 firmware update.
I told the tech "Max" several times, that the controller wasn't updating, and lost it's link to the aircraft.
I told him that the txt file stated that it said that it was already using the latest firmware.
The txt file stated this.
I also told him that I updated a week ago to the 1.18 firmware.
He told me to keep retrying the update.  I told him that I had tried 3 times.
He constantly tried to end the call with statements like "I will have to speak with the repair team", "I will email you instructions on how to do the update", etc.
I told him MANY times that I followed the video, and written instructions.
It was like he wasn't listening to anything that I was saying.
He kept trying to end the call.
I finally got tired of him saying the same thing over and over and over, so I told him that I would wait for his email.
Since I got absolutely no where with this call, I decided to check out the Phantom forums, from OTHER web sites.

Here is what I found.

If you have the 1.18 firmware, the controller does NOT need to be upgraded.
I also found that trying to upgrade the firmware, on the controller caused the controller to lose it's link to the phantom.
After re-linking the controller, everything was fine.

It is VERY sad that in order to get half decent support, you have to go to other forums.
It appears that DJI support is more interested in finishing a call, rather than resolving problems.
It seems that DJI would know that the firmware for the controller was not necessary, rather than having me retry it over and over.

This reflects very poorly on DJI, as a company.
I know 2 people that have the P2 Vision Plus, that have decided to skip DJI quads, and go with the 3DR Solo, when it is released.

Way to lose business "DJI"
Keep providing substandard support, and soon you may not have to worry about support calls.
2015-5-28
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Uhh, you're preaching to the choir man.  

I'm not sure what result you were expecting but the one thing I can assure you the forum is NOT is a direct line to DJI management who will leap into action to resolve your issue.  We've all pretty much "been there, done that".  (Not everybody that answers the DJI phone lines is highly trained and experienced)  What the forum is best at is other DJI owners sharing wisdom and experience to solve problems.  

Me?  I try to be more Zen about it all: "Ahh, It is only a bad experience if you did not learn anything, grasshopper!"

In this particular case may I recommend for future reference you peruse the release notes and How to that accompany each release?
2015-5-28
Use props
craigr9
lvl.2

United States

I agree Gil
It seems that when you spend $1000 for a Quad, you would receive better support, that you receive from a $50 quad company.
I was merely venting.
It really irritates me that for the majority of the call, he tried harder to get me off the phone, rather than trying to assist.

GREAT SUPPORT DJI !!
Looking forward to buying the 3DR Solo.
I hear that their support is actually support.
2015-5-28
Use props
myhondas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12100 ft
United States

craigr9@comcast Posted at 2015-5-28 23:50
I agree Gil
It seems that when you spend $1000 for a Quad, you would receive better support, that yo ...

As a new DJI Phantom 3 owner (with problems by the way) I am curious as to the other forums that you checked with. I should join any that are out there that can help me with any problems I might encounter.
2015-5-28
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

myhondas Posted at 2015-5-29 00:23
As a new DJI Phantom 3 owner (with problems by the way) I am curious as to the other forums that y ...

Well, let's call a spade a spade. The release notes stated quite clearly that the controller did not need to be updated.

Often, a careful reading of the directions can accomplish a lot. Too many people want instant gratification and literally don't want to be bothered with reading the manual, reading the directions, etc.

Now, as to the last question -

In addition to this forum, I've found the following. You might run into a lot of the same people, but you might also gather some great information:

www.phantompilots.com
www.phantomhelp.com

You might find some benefit (perhaps more later because of the nature of these particular sites)

www.flightreplay.com
www.flylitchi.com

Have fun.
2015-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules