Why no Mavic Pro
1918 16 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
4WDaus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

I see Mavic Pro 2 have a category for each of the release versions (zoom and Pro) and Mavic Air has a category, but why does Mavic Pro 1 miss out?
2018-8-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Great question
2018-8-28
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

That question has been asked a lot and never got answered by DJI.
2018-8-28
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Yes, it does kind of irritating that the core first generation Mavic Pro & Platinum owners had to wade through all of the Air related posts too.  And now, with the MP2 discussion taking over the Mavic section, it's nearly impossible to sift through all of this clutter.  While I know this might be a technical challenge to retroactively categorize all old threads, the issue is, this problem will just continue to grow until they finally do something about it going forward.  Even if they just start categorizing with threads going forward, that would be a great help, but we have to start somewhere.  This is insane how they just keep dumping new models in the root Mavic like this.  Ever feel like the unwanted red headed step child?
2018-8-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Cause its blasé?  
2018-8-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

MrArcher Posted at 2018-8-28 06:48
Yes, it does kind of irritating that the core first generation Mavic Pro & Platinum owners had to wade through all of the Air related posts too.  And now, with the MP2 discussion taking over the Mavic section, it's nearly impossible to sift through all of this clutter.  While I know this might be a technical challenge to retroactively categorize all old threads, the issue is, this problem will just continue to grow until they finally do something about it going forward.  Even if they just start categorizing with threads going forward, that would be a great help, but we have to start somewhere.  This is insane how they just keep dumping new models in the root Mavic like this.  Ever feel like the unwanted red headed step child?

the issue is, this problem will just continue to grow until they finally do something about it going forward.

The solution DJI is hoping you will come to is to dump your antiquated Mavic Pro and buy Mavic Two...  with its own forum.

2018-8-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-28 04:36
That question has been asked a lot and never got answered by DJI.

Like so many others!
2018-8-28
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-28 06:56
the issue is, this problem will just continue to grow until they finally do something about it going forward.

The solution DJI is hoping you will come to is to dump your antiquated Mavic Pro and buy Mavic Two...  with its own forum.

Or they simply want us to go to Mavic Pilots forum.
2018-8-28
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

But no posting under M2P and M2Z do far. No one like the new category
2018-8-28
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-28 06:56

Well, you probably have a point there but looking past the potential ulterior motive, it would be a nice face saving token gesture to tackle this issue and put that theory to rest.
2018-8-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

wondering if we will ever get an answer.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this topic to us. I will raise this concern to our R&D team for clarification. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-8-29
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-29 14:29
Hi, thank you for bringing this topic to us. I will raise this concern to our R&D team for clarification. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.

Thank you, that would be good.
2018-8-29
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

I like it when someone complained once before, it was pointed out that if they typed "Mavic Pro" in the search field at the top of the page, then it would filter out all the other threads and concentrate only on the Mavic Pro's out there.  Then DJI named the new drone Mavic Pro 2 and that sort of wiped out the ability to search.  So DJI, can we have a separate category on the the top of the page NOW??
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

4WDaus Posted at 2018-8-29 14:39
Thank you, that would be good.

You're most welcome.
2018-8-30
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Australia

I see we have a new category! Thank you!
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

4WDaus Posted at 2018-9-3 00:10
I see we have a new category! Thank you!

You're most welcome.
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules