Downward sensor pics
12Next >
1841 66 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

I’m going to try to put a pic up here. Lol !
2018-8-28
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

2018-8-28
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it !
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to calibrate the aircraft?
2018-8-28
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-28 05:06
Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to calibrate the aircraft?

Yes I’ve done every calibration offered . Assistant 2 VPs one.. IMU compass. Gimbal.. and it came to me with all the firmware updates already done . This is the same problem from day of purchase
2018-8-28
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

It might be the surface that you are taking off from that is abnormal - try some grass instead...
2018-8-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Just turn it off,  not really much use anyway.
2018-8-28
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-8-28 05:45
It might be the surface that you are taking off from that is abnormal - try some grass instead...

Thanks I will try the different take off point. I did try that idea when I first had this issue a month ago but it’s since been in the DJI repair center so I’ll try it again. My V2.0 takes off from the same point and it has no issues but they are 2 different birds. And can I turn off the downward VPS system ?
2018-8-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-28 05:26
Yes I’ve done every calibration offered . Assistant 2 VPs one.. IMU compass. Gimbal.. and it came to me with all the firmware updates already done . This is the same problem from day of purchase

I would agree with Nigel in post 6, it may well be that it is telling you the vps is not happy with what it sees below and is giving notification. One way to prove it would be to remove the blue towel or rug under it (take care if fitted carpet :-). ).
2018-8-28
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-28 06:57
I would agree with Nigel in post 6, it may well be that it is telling you the vps is not happy with what it sees below and is giving notification. One way to prove it would be to remove the blue towel or rug under it (take care if fitted carpet :-). ).

Thanks you guys , I will do just that. One dji drone is not the same as the next one so just because my V2.0 has no issues with my takeoff pad/landing pad doesn't mean the P4 wont. But what's funny is the downward sensor warning does not happen until im 2 or 3 mins into the flight and nowhere near the landing pad. But i will do as suggested . Again thanks.  
2018-8-28
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-8-28 05:48
Just turn it off,  not really much use anyway.

Can you turn off the lower VPS system (downward VPS ) ?
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-28 08:16
Can you turn off the lower VPS system (downward VPS ) ?

Hello there. Yes, Downward Vision Positioning can be enabled or disabled in the app. Thank you.
2018-8-28
Use props
Red Oak
lvl.2

United States

This is a known issue.  Several people have posted the problem including myself .  I have seen no fix to date, but it is not causing any other issues for me .
2018-8-28
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Ok so I’ve changed takeoff points I’ve changed cables I’ve taken off from grass,concrete,asphalt, helicopter pad. I’ve did calibration via Assistant 2 with the dot screens. I’ve calibrated IMU compass and gimbal and everything went smooth ... no redos or do overs. I’ve changed tablets I’ve talked dirty to it and nice to it. The VPS system downward sensors have a issue and if I fly it for 5 or 10 mins the vps warning will show up and if you power down the ac and power back on the gimbal goes limp. If you let the ac sit for 30mins the gimbal sometimes comes back but sometimes you have to turn off and back several times to get the gimbal to come back. And the ac seems to fly ok with the vps system off.  So now what ??
2018-8-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-29 03:07
Ok so I’ve changed takeoff points I’ve changed cables I’ve taken off from grass,concrete,asphalt, helicopter pad. I’ve did calibration via Assistant 2 with the dot screens. I’ve calibrated IMU compass and gimbal and everything went smooth ... no redos or do overs. I’ve changed tablets I’ve talked dirty to it and nice to it. The VPS system downward sensors have a issue and if I fly it for 5 or 10 mins the vps warning will show up and if you power down the ac and power back on the gimbal goes limp. If you let the ac sit for 30mins the gimbal sometimes comes back but sometimes you have to turn off and back several times to get the gimbal to come back. And the ac seems to fly ok with the vps system off.  So now what ??

Ok, check downward sensors and make sure camera sensors are clear of any dust or debris, likewise the ultrasonic sensors. Nothing loose or rattling about.
You don’t have a Gimbal guard or any device fitted to lower legs ?

Edit:- I might also be tempted to do a firmware refresh and factory reset of P4, and a clean install of DJI Go 4.
2018-8-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-29 03:07
Ok so I’ve changed takeoff points I’ve changed cables I’ve taken off from grass,concrete,asphalt, helicopter pad. I’ve did calibration via Assistant 2 with the dot screens. I’ve calibrated IMU compass and gimbal and everything went smooth ... no redos or do overs. I’ve changed tablets I’ve talked dirty to it and nice to it. The VPS system downward sensors have a issue and if I fly it for 5 or 10 mins the vps warning will show up and if you power down the ac and power back on the gimbal goes limp. If you let the ac sit for 30mins the gimbal sometimes comes back but sometimes you have to turn off and back several times to get the gimbal to come back. And the ac seems to fly ok with the vps system off.  So now what ??

Sounds like you might need to send it back to dji
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-29 03:18
Sounds like you might need to send it back to dji

yes i'm hoping this is what i will hear from them, I just got it back from there repair center this past monday but apparently they could not replicate the vps warning. I on the other hand was able to 3 mins into the flight but on the 4th test flight after all the calibrations via assistant 2 and go 4 app was able to get it to pop up in 5 mins or less and within a 50 ft radius i did go up to around 100 ft but that was because the vps was still working.. whats got me puzzled is if i turn the vps off the ac seems to fly pretty good but if its on(VPS) and the warning goes off the ac starts drifting and this little dance move like its having a seizure .. I have seizures so i'm aloud to talk about it just in case someone gets butt hurt over my comment.lol  anyway besides the HOURS i've spent on this ac when first purchased and the HOURS now is i paid myself $25 bucks a hour i could have bought a new unit outright. So if it wasn't for the fact that i have a awesome V2.0 that flies and does everything its supposed to i would be one VERY upset guy... VERY UPSET ! but lets see what dji does now??? Thanks for your reply ! Have a wonderful day !
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-29 03:16
Ok, check downward sensors and make sure camera sensors are clear of any dust or debris, likewise the ultrasonic sensors. Nothing loose or rattling about.
You don’t have a Gimbal guard or any device fitted to lower legs ?

LMAO... whats up with you guys and the gimbal guard .. Is there really people that leave that on and then cant figure out why the gimbal is not moving or ac wont take off i'm asking because your like the third person that has asked that question.. Trust me when i say this is my second go around with this P4 from day of purchase and I've spent many hours checking and rechecking and uploading and downloading and firmware refreshing and calibrating and cleaning and changing computers and reloading go 4 app and deleting cookies and other stored info pertaining to any app  that has to do with dji apps. THE only thing i have not done is take unit apart myself and just replace sensors BUT being that its should still be under warranty i did not... But without all of your help and others i would not know what i know so keep doing what you're doing and sorry if i sound a little upset its not you its just that i keep doing what everyone asked and i get know ware ... Thanks for your reply !
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

2018-8-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-29 04:09
LMAO... whats up with you guys and the gimbal guard .. Is there really people that leave that on and then cant figure out why the gimbal is not moving or ac wont take off i'm asking because your like the third person that has asked that question.. Trust me when i say this is my second go around with this P4 from day of purchase and I've spent many hours checking and rechecking and uploading and downloading and firmware refreshing and calibrating and cleaning and changing computers and reloading go 4 app and deleting cookies and other stored info pertaining to any app  that has to do with dji apps. THE only thing i have not done is take unit apart myself and just replace sensors BUT being that its should still be under warranty i did not... But without all of your help and others i would not know what i know so keep doing what you're doing and sorry if i sound a little upset its not you its just that i keep doing what everyone asked and i get know ware ... Thanks for your reply !

When they mention gimbal guard they are not talking about the gimbal lock that locks the gimbal in place when stored but a guard that clips onto the legs of the drone to protect the gimbal during landing. images.jpg
2018-8-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-29 04:09
LMAO... whats up with you guys and the gimbal guard .. Is there really people that leave that on and then cant figure out why the gimbal is not moving or ac wont take off i'm asking because your like the third person that has asked that question.. Trust me when i say this is my second go around with this P4 from day of purchase and I've spent many hours checking and rechecking and uploading and downloading and firmware refreshing and calibrating and cleaning and changing computers and reloading go 4 app and deleting cookies and other stored info pertaining to any app  that has to do with dji apps. THE only thing i have not done is take unit apart myself and just replace sensors BUT being that its should still be under warranty i did not... But without all of your help and others i would not know what i know so keep doing what you're doing and sorry if i sound a little upset its not you its just that i keep doing what everyone asked and i get know ware ... Thanks for your reply !

No problem I can understand you frustration, but:-

Some  third party company’s provide clip on Gimbal guards ( not the Gimbal retainer that comes with aircraft ). Many in the past have fitted these Gimbal guards, which have caused false reflections on the P4 ultrasonic detectors leading to all sorts of grief.

It could also just be that the notification you are seeing is being falsely generated in Application or aircraft firmware. Hence the suggestions to check these.  When all has been tried then you would have no option but to return the unit. Some of the DJI Admins might also offer to track your case number.
2018-8-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you post that flight log to

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

When you see results page then copy and paste URL here.

Reason I’m curious is that your barometer shows an altitude of 78 feet above take off point, but your VPS shows 29 feet to surface below aircraft ( trees perhaps, or a false reading .)
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-29 04:22
When they mention gimbal guard they are not talking about the gimbal lock that locks the gimbal in place when stored but a guard that clips onto the legs of the drone to protect the gimbal during landing.[view_image]

Ohhhh. So I am a dork... lol Thanks for letting me know I’m a mean and senile old dude. Lmao... and no I do not or have not installed one of those..
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-29 04:57
Ohhhh. So I am a dork... lol Thanks for letting me know I’m a mean and senile old dude. Lmao... and no I do not or have not installed one of those..

No trees below the ac at that time . As you can see they are all around but nothing under ac but flat asphalt and concrete and grass. I’m laughing at myself because this whole time when people would ask me about the gimbal guard I’d think to myself omg I’m not a idiot.... but apparently a dork.. lmao. Thanks you guys for your patience with me and all your help.
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-29 04:44
Can you post that flight log to

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Is there any other way to do this flight log thing I DO NOT DO iTunes . Freaking hate iTunes...yes I’m using a iPad mini 9.7 ?. Any other simple ways to upload info??
2018-8-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-29 05:02
No trees below the ac at that time . As you can see they are all around but nothing under ac but flat asphalt and concrete and grass. I’m laughing at myself because this whole time when people would ask me about the gimbal guard I’d think to myself omg I’m not a idiot.... but apparently a dork.. lmao. Thanks you guys for your patience with me and all your help.

Excuse my duplicate post previous, on mobile device at the moment.

Ok if nothing below, then the sensors or how the information is being processed is wrong  as they only operate up to 10m from surface below (about 33 feet).

In two and a half years I have never seen similar report on my P4, so it’s looking more like hardware.
I would try the firmware refresh, factory restore & App’ just as a last resort before sending in. The whole lot can be done in about half an hour ($12.50 worth ;-). ).
2018-8-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-29 05:08
Is there any other way to do this flight log thing I DO NOT DO iTunes . Freaking hate iTunes...yes I’m using a iPad mini 9.7 ?. Any other simple ways to upload info??

As far as I’m aware it’s the only way to extract data from the iPad.

It’s probably of no great importance anyhow. Your screenshot above clearly shows VPS reading  when well above ground. Unless I’m starting to lose it now (I put it down here somewhere).
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-29 05:13
Excuse my duplicate post previous, on mobile device at the moment.

Ok if nothing below, then the sensors or how the information is being processed is wrong  as they only operate up to 10m from surface below (about 33 feet).

Thank you! And i've done exactly what you have said ... several times now.. and alway get the same results. But now besides the VPS issue the gimbal goes limp after a shut down and back on like you would do after a refresh . You would reboot the ac... Or like ya landed and still had a bit more mission to do so ya installed a fresh battery only when you powered back up now the gimbal is limp. I'm at a lose as to what else to do other then sending it back for repair AGAIN !  
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

P.S . I should have never purchased a refurbished P4.. NEVER AGAIN ! But you would think they would fly the thing around for 10 or 15 mins before selling it .. you would think !
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

Hello Knock knock ! Would someone from dji please reply ? To this thread ! So i've done EVERYTHING that you've asked me to do and or check and have done things that other more experienced drone operators have asked but still end up with same issue plus now the camera gimbal goes limp every other time it gets powered off and back on . I have already received a shipping label but wanted to make sure dji rep didn't have any other ideas before i ship it back for the second time and would love to hear from you soon because i have a sneaking suspicion my warranty will no longer be good even though this problem has been going on since day 1 of flight and it can be easily verified with all the emails and or forum threads. So please when you can let me know what ya think. ? Thanks and have a awesome day because tomorrow is not promised !     
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-28 08:45
Hello there. Yes, Downward Vision Positioning can be enabled or disabled in the app. Thank you.

Hello so is DJI going to reply with any other ideas for the vps issue and limp gimbal problem or should I send it back for repairs.. I’ve asked for your opinion 3 times now. Please advise! Thank you
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-29 10:45
Hello so is DJI going to reply with any other ideas for the vps issue and limp gimbal problem or should I send it back for repairs.. I’ve asked for your opinion 3 times now. Please advise! Thank you

We are really sorry about that. I highly suggest you send it in for us to check the issue. We have a professional analysis team who will help to figure out the reason why you are having that kind of error.  You can also contact our support team for further assistance. Thank you.
2018-8-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-29 04:57
Ohhhh. So I am a dork... lol Thanks for letting me know I’m a mean and senile old dude. Lmao... and no I do not or have not installed one of those..

Well that was not a very nice reply.
I was only trying to explian the difference in your previous post you were talking about the gimbal guard locking the gimbal in place. If you want to get rude about it then fine im out of here good luck with figuring out your problem.
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-29 12:26
Well that was not a very nice reply.
I was only trying to explian the difference in your previous post you were talking about the gimbal guard locking the gimbal in place. If you want to get rude about it then fine im out of here good luck with figuring out your problem.

I am sorry i was trying to be funny and was referring to myself and not you... Very sorry did not mean to insult or imply anything other then i was a old dude and a dork.. Please forgive my senile remarks !
2018-8-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-29 13:10
I am sorry i was trying to be funny and was referring to myself and not you... Very sorry did not mean to insult or imply anything other then i was a old dude and a dork.. Please forgive my senile remarks !

Its ok apology accepted.
Many people have confused gimbal guard with gimbal lock.
I was not trying to insinuate that you were a dork.Its just that in your post you were talking about the gimbal guard as tho it was the gimbal lock
2018-8-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

I honestly think you have exhausted all options to get your problem solved except sending it in to dji and getting it repaired. Or simply turn off the sensors
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-29 13:18
I honestly think you have exhausted all options to get your problem solved except sending it in to dji and getting it repaired. Or simply turn off the sensors

Thank you. And thank you for forgiving my sometimes dumbass way of trying to be funny. In the future please ask me or let me know if I’ve said something to offend you and I will either apologize or not. Lol. It’s not the first time I’ve offended someone with my choice of wordage or phrase. Again very sorry . And thank you for your input and you are right. But if it was out of warranty I probably would do what your telling me but it’s still or should have some warranty left so I’m boxing it up right now for shipping tomorrow. I’ll let ya know how it goes. In the mean time I’m going to fly my V2.0 till I’m blue in the face or run out of batteries which ever comes first. Lol
2018-8-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

I think dji and for that matter all manufacturers put in place a time bomb into everything they manufacture.
My p4p has just come out of its warranty period and all of a sudden its having issues with the internall cooling fan ( loose connection ).
So now ill have a go at pulling it apart and repair myself.
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-29 13:16
Its ok apology accepted.
Many people have confused gimbal guard with gimbal lock.
I was not trying to insinuate that you were a dork.Its just that in your post you were talking about the gimbal guard as tho it was the gimbal lock

Thanks. And like all text messages and other forms of writing replies things or meanings get lost in translation sorta speak.. Meaning that I did not think for one moment YOU were calling me or implying i was a dork ... I am a dork when i misunderstand things but still think i'm right .. case in point Gimbal lock/Gimbal guard.. Perfect sample. So help me get this right please.. The gimbal guard is the cross piece one would install across landing gear to keep grass or what ever from hitting gimbal??? and the LOCK is the one that's on the ac when you take it out of the package for the first time ?? Yes / No ???   Thanks for not staying upset with me over my dorkness . I'm a old guy and have suffered a major motorcycle accident some years back and broke my back and left leg and coma for well over 45 days and to this day I'm a different dude/dork . I used to be in the motorcycle club life 1%er but now i'm retired.  TMI wow sorry. Thanks again for your help TTUL !      
2018-8-30
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-30 10:57
Thanks. And like all text messages and other forms of writing replies things or meanings get lost in translation sorta speak.. Meaning that I did not think for one moment YOU were calling me or implying i was a dork ... I am a dork when i misunderstand things but still think i'm right .. case in point Gimbal lock/Gimbal guard.. Perfect sample. So help me get this right please.. The gimbal guard is the cross piece one would install across landing gear to keep grass or what ever from hitting gimbal??? and the LOCK is the one that's on the ac when you take it out of the package for the first time ?? Yes / No ???   Thanks for not staying upset with me over my dorkness . I'm a old guy and have suffered a major motorcycle accident some years back and broke my back and left leg and coma for well over 45 days and to this day I'm a different dude/dork . I used to be in the motorcycle club life 1%er but now i'm retired.  TMI wow sorry. Thanks again for your help TTUL !

Yes you are correct about the difference between the two.  And just fyi in case you werent aware gimbal guards can and do cause the error you have been getting thats the reason why you have been asked about wether you had one attached or not.
2018-8-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules