Strange behaviour with the latest app 4.3.0
683 7 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Janaus
lvl.1

Australia

A couple of days ago I installed the ver 4.3.0 app for my Mavic Pro. I have 2 viewing devices, one is an HTC 626 Desire and the other is a Huawei 7" T2 tablet.
My original vewing device was the HTC and it used to work well from April last year till about mid November when it started to suffer from the very regular screen image breakup, overheating and response delays. On a whim I decided to install the latest app on this old smartphone to see what would happen - and to my amazement the app works perfectly. I get a totally stable viewing image and almost instantaneous screen response to the drone movement.  This smartphone had been totally useless for the drone since late last year. Congratulations DJI.
I also decided to install this app on my Huawei tablet - for which I have maintained an old app, ver 4.1.9. This old app has worked totally well on the tablet but the various panorama photo options do not exist on that. Something very strange now happens with the tablet, in that the viewing screen goes totally black when I fire up the drone. The software goes through the normal test stages and displays the check list details, and when I clear that the screen is just black - except for the histogram. I have reinstalled the app and everything is the same. The other strange thingt is that I can take photos and record good videos, tap on the screen and the focus indicator works, although the screen is still black. Any recording I do displays correctly on the SD card for external viewing but absolutely nothing can be seen on the viewing screen, so the new app is totally useless for the Huawei tablet.

Any ideas on how to fixe this issue DJI?

2018-8-28
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried a different USB cable?
2018-8-28
Use props
Janaus
lvl.1

Australia

It is the same USB cable that I connect the HTC smartphone with, and that now works really well now but the screen size is a bit small. The same cable was working correctly with the Huawei tablet yesterday with the old version app, and all the initial images are there during the start up sequence, including the testing sequence data. I turned on the "store locally" setting and the video image is recorded on the tablet as well as the drone SD card even though the screen is completely black. I am pretty sure the issue is not related to the USB cable.
2018-8-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Janaus Posted at 2018-8-28 06:08
It is the same USB cable that I connect the HTC smartphone with, and that now works really well now but the screen size is a bit small. The same cable was working correctly with the Huawei tablet yesterday with the old version app, and all the initial images are there during the start up sequence, including the testing sequence data. I turned on the "store locally" setting and the video image is recorded on the tablet as well as the drone SD card even though the screen is completely black. I am pretty sure the issue is not related to the USB cable.

Have you tried resetting camera under camera settings ?
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello there, thanks for reaching out DJI Forum. Just to clarify, may I know if your getting an error message or disconnected error to your app?
2018-8-28
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

My advice would be to downgrade your app version like it was before and everything should be working as usual.
2018-8-28
Use props
Janaus
lvl.1

Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-28 06:30
Have you tried resetting camera under camera settings ?

yes. Reset everything I could but no change.
2018-8-28
Use props
Janaus
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-28 11:08
Hello there, thanks for reaching out DJI Forum. Just to clarify, may I know if your getting an error message or disconnected error to your app?

There are no error messages that display. Everything on the screen behaves completely normally, except the screen stays black - apart from the normal control settings. As I mentioned initially, the histogram is working correctly in that as I move the drone around the histogram profile changes, indicating the camera is processing what it is seeing but not displaying the image on the Huawei screen. I can leave all the equipment active and swap over to the smaller HTC smartphone and the camera image appears on the HTC screen.  There appears to be some software issue between the new ver 4.3.0 app and the Huawei. I did install the ver 4.2.24 app on the Huawei and that worked ok for 2 days - then the tablet image started to break up severely, taking over 20 seconds to stabilise with the drone sitting still on the ground. After that I reinstalled the old ver 4.1.9 app and everything worked really well with that - except of course the lack of panoramic photography.
2018-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules