DJI romote Right antenna causes POOR reception.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonydiato
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25994 ft

United States

DJ PHANTOM 4 ADVANCED. I bought this used So I could not even tell you if this worked before i updated the FIRWARE.

The app was showing poor signal and it would toggle from good to poor on a regular basis. I purchased a Range extender and It was doing the same thing. This range extender has the screw on antennas. WHEN I unscrew the RIGHT antenna, I do not get the toogle from good to poor. It flys with the one antenna, but I can only go 1 mile.  Doesn anyone know what is causeing the RIGHT antenna to give a poor signal? Is it a bad transmitter, or was it the firmware update? (Again, i do not know if this was a problem before I updated. When I installed the GO app, it said to update and I did).

Any help or suggested would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

2018-8-28
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

There is a good chance you may have something inside the remote. The remote is not hard to take apart, and you might see if the cable going to that right antenna is loose, kinked, etc. I assume since you bought it used, there is not warranty left. There are 2-signals here...……..one for the RC and one is for the video feedback.
2018-8-28
Use props
tonydiato
lvl.1

United States

I put the new antenna in. And I know it is snapped in correctly flfrom watching the video. So I don’t know why I have to unscrew the right antenna for it not to say poor signal. Any thoughts on this?
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. May I know what's the model of your mobile device? Also, please watch the video tutorial below for Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Should you have other question, please let me know. Thank you.

2018-8-28
Use props
tonydiato
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-28 14:22
Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. May I know what's the model of your mobile device? Also, please watch the video tutorial below for Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Should you have other question, please let me know. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

I have an Advanced 3 and replaced the antennas (since the original ones broke) with an

ARGtek DJI Phantom 3 Advanced WiFi Range Extender Antenna Kit White
. I fly by  golf course with very few trees.  ALSO, as the post said, i get a poor signal when the RIGHT antenna is connected. If i remove the antenna, i get a GOOD signal.

Do you think it is something with the transmitter or drone? It flys as far as a mile. It should fly a little further.
2018-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules