Mavic Air Won't Takeoff
9277 14 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nate491
lvl.1

Hi guys,

Wanted to see if you had this problem.  Compass is calibrated and everything has the greenlight, but my mavic air will not take off.  The motors will go full speed on the ground when I try to takeoff, but it will not takeoff.  I've broken about 3 propellers trying to do so.  

Is this a software problem?  Drone problem?

Thank you,
2018-8-28
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Check is your props install correctly. The prop with white mark need to install on motor with white cycle.
2018-8-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

You have installed the propellers correctly . Two are clockwise and two are counter-clockwise ?
2018-8-28
Use props
Nate491
lvl.1

Hi guys,

See the attached picture. I didnt know the white lines mattered. I didnt change anything and it was working fine 3 weeks ago. Is something wrong here?
20180828_193638.jpg
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to hear about that. May I know if the propellers are installed properly? Please kindly watch the video tutorial below for reference. Thank you.

2018-8-28
Use props
cinnabun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812995 ft
United States

Nate491 Posted at 2018-8-28 16:43
Hi guys,

See the attached picture. I didnt know the white lines mattered. I didnt change anything and it was working fine 3 weeks ago. Is something wrong here?

You have white lines on two propellers match those with the white markings on the motor. So from looking at your picture you need to swap the bottom right prop with the bottom left prop. Well taking another look those props are broken on the ends and should be replaced asap.
2018-8-28
Use props
BigRoyBoy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106414 ft
Australia

Hi guys,

Yes there is some thing wrong. The right back prop should be on the left side matching the white lines up.
2018-8-28
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys,

Props are installed wrong, Pilot big error!!!
The proper way of props install is clearly indicated in the manual and when they crash or flyaway or break several props trying to take they assume it's DJI's fault............
2018-8-28
Use props
Nate491
lvl.1

Guys, i feel like an idiot.  Just switched the blades around and they work.  Don't know how they were working three weeks ago.  Can you recommend a link on where to get replacement to replace my damaged ones?
2018-8-28
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Please read the manual carefully before you fly.
2018-8-28
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nate491 Posted at 2018-8-28 17:34
Guys, i feel like an idiot.  Just switched the blades around and they work.  Don't know how they were working three weeks ago.  Can you recommend a link on where to get replacement to replace my damaged ones?

only buy OEM props at DJI.com
2018-8-28
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

The opposing motors rotate in different directions so the props need to match or it will not operate correctly. Exactly the same on FPV racers/freestyle quads. It clearly states in the manual which props go on which motor. Give it a read.
2018-8-28
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-8-28 23:45
The opposing motors rotate in different directions so the props need to match or it will not operate correctly. Exactly the same on FPV racers/freestyle quads. It clearly states in the manual which props go on which motor. Give it a read.

Yep, on my race quad the way I remember is that at the front and the back the rotors turn in towards the body. If I were to put something between the rotors they would pull the object inwards towards the body of the quad.

DJI makes it really easy and color codes everything. Amazing not only how many people don't read the manual before flying, but how many people will keep trying and failing to take off and still not read the manual.

Also, the first thing I did before I got a quad of any kind was read up on how they work in general.

People just don't want to think anymore.
2018-8-29
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United States

Hi guys,

No words for this!!
2018-8-29
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-8-29 03:42
Yep, on my race quad the way I remember is that at the front and the back the rotors turn in towards the body. If I were to put something between the rotors they would pull the object inwards towards the body of the quad.

DJI makes it really easy and color codes everything. Amazing not only how many people don't read the manual before flying, but how many people will keep trying and failing to take off and still not read the manual.

And I just thought they were ready to fly.......Oh Dear
2018-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules