Crashed Mavic Air found in Asbury Park, NJ
1387 27 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M
lvl.1

United States

Greetigns Mavic Air enthusiasts,

A Mavic Air crashed out of the sky this afternoon on the beach in Asbury Park, NJ at approximately 5:00 PM. We hung around for an hour for someone to recover it but no one showed up.

If you are the owner of this drone, please message me. **It has a big sticker on it that I will ask you to identify in order to prove you are the owner.

Jay

2018-8-29
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Jay,  Thank you for posting here!!  Straight up,  good stuff right there!!!

Let's hope the owner looks here as well!!

Randy
2018-8-29
Use props
natnatroswell
lvl.3

United States

I think the owner is still checking the flight log. This is one of the reason why I add an external GPS tracker to my drone.
2018-8-29
Use props
djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M
lvl.1

United States

I've posted here and also mavicpilots.com. If anyone has any other recommendations of places to post, please let me know
2018-8-29
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M Posted at 2018-8-29 18:53
I've posted here and also mavicpilots.com. If anyone has any other recommendations of places to post, please let me know

https://www.reddit.com/r/Multicopter/
https://www.reddit.com/r/drones/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Quadcopter/

Could try here too
2018-8-29
Use props
Zigdrone
lvl.1
Switzerland

Maybe it was Bruce Springsteen :-)
2018-8-30
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very honourable of you to start a thread in order to get it retrieved by the owner. Big thumbs up Sir.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. Can you provide the serial number to me so that I check it on my end? I will need to report this issue to our management so that we can contact the customer. Thanks!
2018-9-5
Use props
djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M
lvl.1

Hi DJI Paladin. I will PM you. Thanks!!
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M Posted at 2018-9-5 18:51

Received with thanks!
2018-9-6
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M Posted at 2018-9-5 18:51

You deserve an honesty reward from DJI Sir. Nice to see.....
2018-9-6
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jay, good man.  Very kind of you to seek the owner.
Is it weird that I want to know the outcome of this situation?  Please let us know if it makes it back to it's owner...I would be red faced to admit if it were mine, but I would be happy to have it back.
Thanks!
2018-9-6
Use props
djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M
lvl.1

United States

Thanks everyone, I just know that these drones don't come cheap and if It was my drone, I'd appreciate the person that found it did everything in their power to get it back to me. Hopefully Mister DJI Paladin can help me get it back to its rightful owner. I've provided him/her with the Serial number yesterday so I'm just waiting. I'll call DJI directly if I don't have hear back by tomorrow.
2018-9-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M Posted at 2018-9-6 16:06
Thanks everyone, I just know that these drones don't come cheap and if It was my drone, I'd appreciate the person that found it did everything in their power to get it back to me. Hopefully Mister DJI Paladin can help me get it back to its rightful owner. I've provided him/her with the Serial number yesterday so I'm just waiting. I'll call DJI directly if I don't have hear back by tomorrow.

glad to see people like you still exist in this world!   i hope great things come your way because of this!  
2018-9-6
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

It is nice to see someone who is honest. I am sure the pilot who lost the Air will be grateful to you if he shows up.
Hopefully he is a regular subscriber on one of the forums.
2018-9-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

At least now you can sleep like a baby!  
2018-9-6
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I feel warm when reading this post. Thank you very much @djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M for your truthful. All best wishes to you!
2018-9-6
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

You can also try the Facebook Mavic Air/ Pro groups

Some flyers have their own ID's under the battery compartment or on the craft. Should have had FAA # as well.
2018-9-6
Use props
djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M
lvl.1

United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-9-6 21:38
You can also try the Facebook Mavic Air/ Pro groups

Some flyers have their own ID's under the battery compartment or on the craft. Should have had FAA # as well.

Sadly no personal or FAA ID.  I intend to call DJI today to see if they can help.
2018-9-7
Use props
djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M Posted at 2018-9-7 08:31
Sadly no personal or FAA ID.  I intend to call DJI today to see if they can help.

I also just joined the facebook groups below, pending approval.
OFFICIAL DJI MAVIC AIR OWNERS GROUP
DJI MAVIC AIR

The DJI MAVIC AIR group has 23k members, maybe the owner is in there with them.  
2018-9-7
Use props
djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M
lvl.1

United States

I just got off the phone with DJI customer service @ 1 (818) 235-0789. They said they are not authorized to help. They then directed me to DJI's sales chat on their home page. After I told them what happened, they said there is nothing DJI can do and they advised me to contact the police.
2018-9-7
Use props
djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M
lvl.1

United States

I don't really trust the police to handle this so i'm just going to give this another week for someone to reach out to me through the forums and facebook pages I've posted in. If no one speaks up by next Friday, then I will consider this lost and claim it as my own.
2018-9-7
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M Posted at 2018-9-7 12:44
I just got off the phone with DJI customer service @ 1 (818) 235-0789. They said they are not authorized to help. They then directed me to DJI's sales chat on their home page. After I told them what happened, they said there is nothing DJI can do and they advised me to contact the police.

Dji have all ID of the owners but they can't give you that info. What they can do is inform the owner that  his Drone have been found and give your contact info to him.
2018-9-7
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M Posted at 2018-9-7 12:49
I don't really trust the police to handle this so i'm just going to give this another week for someone to reach out to me through the forums and facebook pages I've posted in. If no one speaks up by next Friday, then I will consider this lost and claim it as my own.

I have no knowledge of the law in New Jersey, but where I live, keeping someone else's property that you've found is considered theft. I recommend that you reconsider and turn it over the police.

https://www.villanideluca.com/nj ... theft-laws/2c_20-6/
2018-9-7
Use props
djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M
lvl.1

G_Sig Posted at 2018-9-7 13:40
Dji have all ID of the owners but they can't give you that info. What they can do is inform the owner that  his Drone have been found and give your contact info to him.

We asked their customer service and sales departments to do that and they said they are not authorized to do that for liability reasons.
2018-9-8
Use props
djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M
lvl.1

Gimpy Posted at 2018-9-7 15:16
I have no knowledge of the law in New Jersey, but where I live, keeping someone else's property that you've found is considered theft. I recommend that you reconsider and turn it over the police.

https://www.villanideluca.com/nj-lawyers-practice-areas/nj-criminal-defense-lawyers/nj-criminal-statutes/nj-theft-laws/2c_20-6/

The drone has no identifying characteristics as to the owner so we have no way of returning the device. State law does not require you to hand over property with no identifying characteristics to the police. And frankly, we don't trust them.
2018-9-8
Use props
djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M
lvl.1

G_Sig Posted at 2018-9-7 13:40

Correction - DJI confirmed with us they are not allowed to contact the original purchaser for liability reasons.
2018-9-8
Use props
djiuser_YCU3vszOJW9M
lvl.1

Story update: There are about 10 photos on the drone. They're of the drone on top of a car in a small 10 car parking lot behind an apartment, then it takes off and hovers above said apartment. The photos have GPS coordinates!!! So there is a chance the owner lives there. I'm going to put up flyers in that area and see if anyone reaches out.
2018-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules