1044 6 2015-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

I finally received my Phantom 2 back from DJI after 57 days.  They said mine was toast and sent me a refurbished unit.  The unit that came back flies very well so far.  I am pleased with the flights so far but stunned that a company that makes this good of a product is so bad at communications and repairing their own units.  I advise anyone to avoid sending units back to DJI for service unless there is no other choice.  I will continue to look for another company to buy drones from, one that provides good products, service, and communications throughout the process.  The service center is about five miles from my home so the shipping time was overnight in both directions.

YMMV.
2015-5-28
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

I hear what you are saying but you must understand you got the service and the warranty was good, however the length of time it took was worse than terrible. I agree with the slow service but DJI is one of the fastest growing companies in the world. With that kind of grow comes pains. I am sure they hear and acknowledge the problem and are working on solutions. We just need to be patient and give the a little time. As they say time will tell. Took me 9 weeks from door to door. Not acceptable but not worth blasting them over. I own a computer repair facility and or repair times are 3-5 days with a maximum of 10 if we have to order specialized parts. We keep a full inventory of repair parts on hand. However with so many type od laptops and tablets we have to order parts a lot of times but we can normally get parts in three days. When we were growing we has some pains to. Took us a little time to get procedures down and how to improve turn around times. I am sure DJI will do the same thing. That is as long as they want to continue to do well and be a number one seller. Lest us give them a little time and in the mean time we can all hit up their customer service with our dissatisfaction with the turn around times. That may help to speed the process. Co on DJI you guys can do better!
2015-5-29
Use props
nekonny
New

United States

I experienced a similar situation with my p2v+; 9 weeks wait time. I guess what annoyed me the most was that at the 9 week mark when I called in and they finally got a manager to get them started working on my unit, the actual repair process took an hour and a half. That is; from the time I hung up to the time I got an email saying it had been flight tested was 90 minutes.  If I had to guess from that, the camera replacement itself took no more than 15 minutes. I was glad my struggle was finally over, but after 2 months wait, the unit had spent more time with DJI than with me.

That was a year ago.

Recently I had to send my unit in for service again, this time I was informed that the turnaround time had increased by two weeks. So no, nothing has changed. Or, at the very least, the change hasn't kept up with the demand.

The customer service center is understaffed, and the Tech department even more so. Unless of course you are buying a P3 or an inspire. This is a situation that doesn't seem to be improving. Their 6-8 week turnaround time is probably the worst in the industry, and although they have improved somewhat on phone support wait times, an  average of 45 minutes is still atrocious. Frankly, it just ends up looking like they make the system so bad that people would rather not use it.

The drones are great, just know that if you ever have a problem, for all intents and purposes you may as well have lost a unit. Send yours in to repair, but go buy another one to fill in the gap and don't torture yourself waiting.
2015-5-29
Use props
RichardDO
New

Vietnam

Opps !!! i sent my gimbal H3-3D to DJI to repair,  than you know ... ... get it back about 8-9 months later. Now battery damaged cell also....
2015-6-3
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

With DJI only doing warranty work in China that's not good considering it will be in shipping longer than it takes to get it repaired, especially if you are shipping from the U.S. There are several RC shops in the U.S. that are authorized DJI repair centers but not for warranty work.
2015-6-3
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>

dji does warranty work in torrance, ca too, or that's what they tell us. though shipping units back to china would explain the 57 day thing.
2015-6-4
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

And here's the kicker.  The "rebuilt" unit died after 10 days while on a trip to shoot video.  Fortunately i packed two so one of them would be able to fly.  This really sucks, DJI!
2015-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules