498 5 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orinoco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118451 ft
Ireland

Hi,
So I guess I am looking for a nice workflow for panoramics with my Air, I'll explain my issues:
I am taking panoramic stills - but having two issues, the JPG produced  by the drone does not hold up well to editing and the stitching is a bit  hit or miss. So I have opted to save the unstiched raw DNG's

My issue is now is, finding a windows (hopefully free) program than can  stitch them, and hopefully produce a pano in a file format that holds up  better than JPG after adjusting exposure/white balance etc...

Ideally would like a raw pano that I can then play around with using photoscape X.
Any ideas?                

2018-8-30
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Hey there. My flow:

Take panorama, save the unstitched pictures.
Edit the DNGs in Lightroom and save them as JPGs
Open Image Composite Editor (it's free) to make the panorama.

2018-8-30
Use props
Orinoco
lvl.2
Ireland

saviour Posted at 2018-8-30 06:13
Hey there. My flow:

Take panorama, save the unstitched pictures.

Thanks,
when you saw to edit the individual DNGs in lightroom, how do you know to avoid making one too bright/dim so that it looks natural when stitched?
2018-8-30
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Orinoco Posted at 2018-8-30 06:26
Thanks,
when you saw to edit the individual DNGs in lightroom, how do you know to avoid making one too bright/dim so that it looks natural when stitched?

You need to use the manual camera settings, otherwise the exposure/white balance will keep changing depending on rotation and the gimbal angle.

Litchi has a pano option that allows you to configure the number of images, rows, etc. It also lets you choose how the exposure is done.
2018-8-30
Use props
Orinoco
lvl.2
United Kingdom

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-8-30 06:34
You need to use the manual camera settings, otherwise the exposure/white balance will keep changing depending on rotation and the gimbal angle.

Litchi has a pano option that allows you to configure the number of images, rows, etc. It also lets you choose how the exposure is done.

I do use the manual settings, but once I tell the drone to execute the 180 Pano or similar I can't change the exposure mid pano
2018-8-30
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

You don't want to change the exposure in the middle of the shot. You have to find a compromise between the too dark and too bright parts of the pictures. (e.g. forest - sky)
Some picutres will be under/over exposed but you can adjust it later on in Lightroom. I tend to shoot my panoramas so that the sky is overexposed. I can later on lower the highlights to get the details
in the clouds back or use gradient tools.
2018-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules