Mavicr nfz indoor flight issues
1095 15 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27520 ft

Had written athorization to fly in a national air meseum that was located in an nfz.got special unlock confirmed but would not fly indoors wo having gps lock... Highly dissatisfied with the code as videos of this caliber gain vast reconition. Bought what seemed to be one of the best drones on the market and yet a $150custom built micro racer drone w hd camera  was actually able to get the job done while my mavic air was turned into a paperweight.. kudos to you dji!
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for all the trouble. Aside from GPS lock, did you encounter other error message? it is recommended to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good and no magnetic interference to fly the drone, especially when you are new to flying, please read the user manual more than once, refer to the tutorial video below to make a preflight checklist before flying. Take care and fly safely, thanks!

2018-8-31
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

Hi... Thank you for your demeaning reply. The fact that i have been flying Remotely controlled aircraft since the age of five, flying and building quad-copters since 2010,  Part 107 pilot, AMA Member and President of my AMA charter  and  President of a Tier 1 MultiGP Drone Racing Chapter; means that i'm a complete and total noob when it comes to drones. I Appreciate That!!! Not only am i such a recognized pilot that a National Aviation Museum  has personally requested me to come and fly around priceless aircraft.... they actually want me to host a tiny whoop race and be part of their stem education workshops.  

Here is where the real problem lays.... Dji's Special Unlock of NFZ must maintain contact with at least 9 Satellites in order to fly in a NFZ. But when you specifically state that the flight is taking place in a location  which is essentially a Faraday cage.... I the Experienced Pilot whom has all proper authorizations and skills. Was unable to fly my new favorite paperweight indoors without GPS.
2018-8-31
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

The Drone that actually flew!!! and captured 1080p 60fps footage.
2018-8-31
Use props
WillQc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54642 ft
Canada

This thing looks mean!!!! Any footage for us?
2018-8-31
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Yes, DJI drone is too Smart and has their own mind. Unlike the remote control machine under your control. You just give instructions to the drone and they can make their own decisions. Welcome to the AI age which human no more taking the control.
2018-8-31
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

One of my Flight videos
2018-8-31
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Ok.. I gotta admit.. they were right.. you don't know anything about flying a drone.... (Snicker...)  Absolutely amazing sir.  Loved every second of it.  
2018-8-31
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Hong Kong

You may try bring your drone outside the NFZ. Power on everything and get connected. Ensure it's ready to takeoff or fly a small round. Power off aircraft and controller. Set your phone to airplane mode and turn off position function. Bring the aircraft back inside houde and turn everything on. Ensure no GPS inside the building and your phone still in airplane mode. See it will take off or not.  
2018-8-31
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

GDL Posted at 2018-8-31 07:46
You may try bring your drone outside the NFZ. Power on everything and get connected. Ensure it's ready to takeoff or fly a small round. Power off aircraft and controller. Set your phone to airplane mode and turn off position function. Bring the aircraft back inside houde and turn everything on. Ensure no GPS inside the building and your phone still in airplane mode. See it will take off or not.

Was able to takeoff outside with full special NFZ unlock but once i flew the drone through the door of the building i lost all satellites connections and the drone went into unauthorized flight mode and landed and would not take off in sport or P mode again until satellite connection was reestablished. that is a huge problem for me and my clients
2018-8-31
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

Scree Recording of the flight log of the flight
2018-8-31
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Twiggy-Fpv Posted at 2018-8-31 07:22
One of my Flight videos

Did you really think that video you made could have been done with a Mavic?
2018-8-31
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-31 09:15
Did you really think that video you made could have been done with a Mavic?

No that is a specialized aircraft. Now the othe format of shooting that the Mavic can provide is excellent narrative shots and views for the musuem staff to be able to put on their social media accts.  I know that the mavic air to some of you all seams very limited in its capabilities but you put it in the hands of an actual drone pilot and it is capable of a quite a few more things when you disable all the smart features most of yall rely on to help you fly.
2018-8-31
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Twiggy-Fpv Posted at 2018-8-31 09:20
No that is a specialized aircraft. Now the othe format of shooting that the Mavic can provide is excellent narrative shots and views for the musuem staff to be able to put on their social media accts.  I know that the mavic air to some of you all seams very limited in its capabilities but you put it in the hands of an actual drone pilot and it is capable of a quite a few more things when you disable all the smart features most of yall rely on to help you fly.

yes i do that quite often actually
I never use the NFZ option on my Mavic Pros so i never have this problem.
2018-8-31
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Hong Kong

MA can fly in-house without GPS. Your problem is it know it's in the NFZ so refuse to take off without GPS signal. It may be your phone provide the location without GPS signal inhouse. Or the drone keep the last know position in memory. So try powerup the drone outside NFZ and switch your phone to airplane mode may allow it to take off.

Or buy Parrot Anafi may be less problem for you. As the sensors and auto functions of MA are useless for you.
2018-8-31
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

GDL Posted at 2018-8-31 22:03
MA can fly in-house without GPS. Your problem is it know it's in the NFZ so refuse to take off without GPS signal. It may be your phone provide the location without GPS signal inhouse. Or the drone keep the last know position in memory. So try powerup the drone outside NFZ and switch your phone to airplane mode may allow it to take off.

Or buy Parrot Anafi may be less problem for you. As the sensors and auto functions of MA are useless for you.

in all honesty you may be right.  on the Parrot. I was looking at a GPS Repeater Solution but am quite worried on the Transmission Distance of the Repeater... i basically need enough coverage to fill an aircraft hanger to have full functionality of the MA.

2018-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules