iPhone 7/8 with Mavic controllers
875 7 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

So this may be a bit off topic given the raft of threads about the Mavic 2, so hopefully this won’t get lost...
For general use I use my iPhone 7 Plus with my Mavic (I use an iPad for more planned/complex flight and will be very interested in the controller with built in screen when that comes out).

I have a really nice protective case on my iPhone 7 Plus from Mous, but it makes it very difficult to get the phone into the Mavic Pro controller and impossible into the Mavic 2 Pro controller. Of course the phone can be removed from its case, making it a perfect fit into the controller and this is what I now do do - but the case I have is a tight fit and difficult to remove.

So I’m wondering  hether anyone knows of an iPhone 7/8 Plus case that offers great protection to the phone, looks good AND is quick and easy to remove for fitting into the drone contrtoller (and is still available to buy)?

2018-9-1
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Buy a thick plastic sheet size just bigger than your iPhone and a phone holder. Find a way to fix the phone holder on the plastic sheet. Hold the plastic sheet on RC and place you phone on the holder. This way can allow you use larger and thicker device won’t fit the RC.
2018-9-1
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Neat idea, but I’m looking for something a little tidier!
2018-9-1
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Hong Kong

This what I did to hold a vertical device on RC. It only cost a few dollars.
18920106-F9C5-4661-A01D-8A69B65B9A30.jpeg
2018-9-1
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Most of the cases I've seen are difficult to get the phone out of (for good reason) so I'm not sure if you're going to find one where the phone slips out easily (nor would you normally want that). You're probably looking at a custom mount that you can then put your phone (in its case) into or a custom rig as described above.
2018-9-1
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-1 05:58
Most of the cases I've seen are difficult to get the phone out of (for good reason) so I'm not sure if you're going to find one where the phone slips out easily (nor would you normally want that). You're probably looking at a custom mount that you can then put your phone (in its case) into or a custom rig as described above.

You're probably right - I was wondering if there was some kind of case that clipped onto the phone in 2 halves and could be easily removed! Guess not!
2018-9-1
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Hong Kong

The soft plastic cases is easier to remove and I am using it. It may not looks good if you care about the looking.
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Mobile phones that are 6.5–8.5 mm thick and no more than 160 mm long will fit in the remote controller clamps comfortably. We strongly recommend you to remove the protective cover before attaching your mobile phone. For tablets beyond this measurement range, please purchase the DJI Mavic 2 Tablet Holder.
2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules