Mavic zoom flight time
1841 12 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solen 1
lvl.2
United States

Anybody else getting low flight times with the mavic 2? I live in colorado so i know this will affect things. My 4 flights have been 16 minutes. Will there be more firmware updates to improve flight time? Is there anything i can do to improve this, my spark gets 13 minutes in the same area so im a little dissapointed. Everything else is great though, after flying the spark for over 100 flights and 113 miles, i feel like i am flying a lamborgini
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Actually, your flight time will depend on how you use your drone. It will depend on the location, wind and how you use intelligent flight mode. Also, may I know if your battery level is on 100% when you flew your drone? Thanks.
2018-9-1
Use props
solen 1
lvl.2
United States

Yes all 4 times. I landed at about 25% - 30 % each time.
2018-9-1
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Altitude will shorten flight time for sure!!

You live in CO.   Where and at what altitude are you flying?

If you are at or above 7000ft your flight times will be shorter......

Randy
2018-9-1
Use props
solen 1
lvl.2
United States

I'm in Denver colorado. So I have been flying in sport mode,with the spark it didn't affect flight time. Does sport mode affect it that much?
2018-9-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>

16 mins is very low time, battery cycling eill not improve it much if at all and the other things people are suggesting should not shorten it that much
2018-9-1
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Norway

solen 1 Posted at 2018-9-1 21:09
I'm in Denver colorado. So I have been flying in sport mode,with the spark it didn't affect flight time. Does sport mode affect it that much?

Sport mode kills the batteries. Don't use it as the default, leave it for special occasions like high winds, etc
2018-9-1
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

As above Sports mode will drop your flight time by around 20% based on my experience with my Mavic Pro.

Do a few test flights in P mode.
2018-9-2
Use props
solen 1
lvl.2
United States

So I have done 3 more fights and I have been over 20 minutes every time. It's weird, with the spark I didn't see any difference in sport mode. Thanks for the help
2018-9-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying in sport mode will shorten the life of your batteries and also the altitude of where you are flying does not help either.  I know when I had my Inspire 1 there were special props for high altitude, I wonder if that goes for the Mavics?
2018-9-2
Use props
solen 1
lvl.2
United States

That would be awesome if they did, maybe in the future? I wonder what the difference is?
2018-9-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I get around the same flight time with my original Mavic Pro, and agree with you the Spark I can get 13-14 mins.
2018-9-2
Use props
solen 1
lvl.2
United States

Yeah it seems like the spark is closer to the "promised" flight time. Even at high altitude. The spark is a killer drone, still holds a place in my heart.
2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules