How to return
1087 14 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FRCornelis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>

Not sure if this is the right spot to place the post, DJI website it's not very friendly when it comes to returns.
I ordered my Mavic Pro 2 with DJI Care Refresh program the day of the announcement, after almost 2 years of wait time, I was very excited and was lucky enough to get it by the next Monday 27th.
I don't really have an issue with the the Mavic2 itself but I'm disppointed about the lack of features available on the previous generation and almost all other drone lines including the AIR.

Missing precision landing it's a big thing for me..., the thing lands like 4 metes away from it's original point, how on earth one is supposed to know about an important feature removed on the next generation? it's beyond me. When was the last time your new cell phone missed features from its previous generation on a flagship device?

I'm also missing a few flight modes available on Mavic 1, now may battary is devolpoing some form on dents on its top next to the power button with less than a handfull of cycles.

Where is TapToFly??? Fixed Wing Mode? Smart Battery number of days-to-disrcharge configuration?
My $500 CrystalSky is a paper weight as it's totally useless...

I'm within 7 days since I took delivery, my order number: 0010281890349
Yes, it's been activated, this is the only way to find out about the missing features and (in my opinion) dangerous lack of precision landing, they even put LED lights on the bottom!
Needelss to say, the craft is in like new condition, I don't necessary want my money back to my credit card, I would be happy with DJI store credit so I can pick something else.

How do I take it from here for a refund? your help is very appreciated.

Best regards,
-FC

2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello Fernando. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for providing your order number.  I will be coordinating this issue to the proper department and I will be notifying you as soon as I have the update. Thank you for your patience.
2018-9-1
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-9-1 16:33
Hello Fernando. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for providing your order number.  I will be coordinating this issue to the proper department and I will be notifying you as soon as I have the update. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you DJI Diana.
I'll wait for your input and instructions, appreciate your support.

-FC
2018-9-1
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
  • >>>

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-9-1 16:36
Thank you DJI Diana.
I'll wait for your input and instructions, appreciate your support.

Hello DJI Diana,
Do have a ballpark idea when I will be hearing from you for instructions?
I understand you are handling my case but I’m aware of the return window period, I only have 1 day left.
Do I need to contact any department in particular?  Again, I couldn’t find any email address or phone number to initiate this, so this forum was my best bet.
Please let me know if there’s anything I need to do on my end to initiate the retund process, i want to make sure am not missing out.

Thank you for your support.
-FC
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi FC, sorry to know Mavic 2 doesn't meet your request, but the request Return & Refund Service can only be applied within seven (7) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has no manufacturing defect, has not been activated and is still in new or like-new condition or the product has a manufacturing defect.
Mavic 2 doesn't support precision landing and Fixed Wing Mode, but TapFly is available, please check the picture below. The battery will discharge to less than 60% automatically when it is idle for more than 10 days, CrystalSky is still under developing, we will release it once it's ready.
Even though some features are not available currently, our engineers are keeping improving it. Appreciate your understanding.
GTScreenshot_20180903_115318.png

2018-9-2
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy,
Thank you for your post, I was aware of the policy and understand it.
No big deal, it’s a good aircraft. I was just disappointed by the lack of some features (going backwards?) I wonder how many people won’t buy it if DJI mentioned about removing Precision Landing, even the EVO has it. I guess this is the risk when being an early adopter ordering direct from DJI instead of waiting for retail store.
Hopefully a new firmware will address it.

-FC
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-9-2 20:11
DJI Mindy,
Thank you for your post, I was aware of the policy and understand it.
No big deal, it’s a good aircraft. I was just disappointed by the lack of some features (going backwards?) I wonder how many people won’t buy it if DJI mentioned about removing Precision Landing, even the EVO has it. I guess this is the risk when being an early adopter ordering direct from DJI instead of waiting for retail store.

FC, thanks for your understanding, I'm afraid the Precision Landing will not be added currently, please fly in the open area and it will be fine. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-9-2
Use props
Vizzitor
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I bought this product way too soon after release on same day (Order number 0010785890133). I have a P4Pro and have seen enough professional comparisons that convince me I should not have made this side grade purchase. I am past the 7 days that has been referenced in this post. Guess we just have to hope for responsible firmware solutions / enhancements.
2018-9-8
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Vizzitor Posted at 2018-9-8 11:12
I bought this product way too soon after release on same day (Order number 0010785890133). I have a P4Pro and have seen enough professional comparisons that convince me I should not have made this side grade purchase. I am past the 7 days that has been referenced in this post. Guess we just have to hope for responsible firmware solutions / enhancements.

Yes, the only reason I ordered form DJI direct is because I thought they were going out of stock immediately, (like Mavic1) I had many drones from them, including P4P, Mavic 1, P4... never really had an issue until Mavic2
Having a Mavic1 and all its trust to me it was an easy decision, as you would expect the same features to carry over, but not. They even mentioned about Precision Landing in the day of the announce, but it's missing out of the box along with an array of other missing features as well.
My CrystalSky is now a $500 dollar paperweight, YES, I know they are working on something on that, but we don't know if they are going to release a new RC with integrated CrystalSky and ditch support for the original device or perhaps they do both. All they have to do is update their own Android APP on their own CrystalSky device to make it M2 friendly!.
Of course, the $79 adapter for M1 RC does not fit the new controller so that tells me if we want to continue using CrystalSky with the new Mavic we must purchase the new expensive remote. Hope I'm wrong and we end having both options. Now the thing is WHEN, as it can take months to release an update.
Drone is great, can't complain about the flying experience, range... but in addition to all missing features, we lost camera profiles as well, so there are things I can achieve with M1 not possible with M2, this is what makes me upset, now we have to wait and lesson learned, do not buy from DJI direct anymore, go retail store even if you have to wait longer to get the new release but if you use it and disover missing features, at least you can return it. DJI policy doesn't make sense as they only way to try a product is by activiting it and this is when you discover the array of missing feature not carried from M1, oh yes, you have a beautiful auxiliary LED, very bright that looks very cool so you can see better when your drone tries to land on your roof instead of the pad where it took of. -but hey, at the end of the day it's our fault. Happy waiting for firmware / APP update.

Cheers
-FC  
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-9-8 18:25
Yes, the only reason I ordered form DJI direct is because I thought they were going out of stock immediately, (like Mavic1) I had many drones from them, including P4P, Mavic 1, P4... never really had an issue until Mavic2
Having a Mavic1 and all its trust to me it was an easy decision, as you would expect the same features to carry over, but not. They even mentioned about Precision Landing in the day of the announce, but it's missing out of the box along with an array of other missing features as well.
My CrystalSky is now a $500 dollar paperweight, YES, I know they are working on something on that, but we don't know if they are going to release a new RC with integrated CrystalSky and ditch support for the original device or perhaps they do both. All they have to do is update their own Android APP on their own CrystalSky device to make it M2 friendly!.

Hi FC, we have received the latest news from our engineers that the Precision Landing will be added, please note the future update, the DJI Go 4 in the CrystalSky will also bee updated very soon, and the CrystalSky Mavic 2 Remote Controller Mounting Bracket will be released as well. We appreciate your patience for the future update very much.
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

I bought this product way too soon after release on same day (Order number 0010785890133). I have a P4Pro and have seen enough professional comparisons that convince me I should not have made this side grade purchase. I am past the 7 days that has been referenced in this post. Guess we just have to hope for responsible firmware solutions / enhancements.

Hi Vizzitor, we are listening to customer's feedback and keep improving and optimizing Mavic 2, we are so sorry that if the drone has been received over 7 days, the refund service cannot be provided, please note our website about the future update, thank you.
2018-9-9
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-9 20:23
Hi FC, we have received the latest news from our engineers that the Precision Landing will be added, please note the future update, the DJI Go 4 in the CrystalSky will also bee updated very soon, and the CrystalSky Mavic 2 Remote Controller Mounting Bracket will be released as well. We appreciate your patience for the future update very much.

This is great news, I really enjoy flying this AC, flies like a dream, very responsive, fast, transmission is rock solid. We only need the features back and we are golden.
Do you know anything about Waypoints 2.0? the one you can program the path and have the drone fly automatically while you manual control the camera? and color profiles missing from Mavic1?

I do appreciate the ability of canceling the alarm/beeping from RTH or low battery warning, I just tried it now and it works well, this is great to have it finally.

-FC
2018-9-9
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I bought this product way too soon after release on same day (Order number 0010785890133). I have a P4Pro and have seen enough professional comparisons that convince me I should not have made this side grade purchase. I am past the 7 days that has been referenced in this post. Guess we just have to hope for responsible firmware solutions / enhancements.

Vizzitor,
Check your sources, I too thought only 7 days after delivery, however for people in the US, the policy is 14 days, I got this information from DJI support, however since you AC is activated already probably it's going to be hard for you to get a refund.
I love the portability of the Mavic and it flies like a P4P, hopefully the updates bringing back the lost features are not too far away.

Regards,
-FC
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-9-9 20:48
This is great news, I really enjoy flying this AC, flies like a dream, very responsive, fast, transmission is rock solid. We only need the features back and we are golden.
Do you know anything about Waypoints 2.0? the one you can program the path and have the drone fly automatically while you manual control the camera? and color profiles missing from Mavic1?

The Waypoint is estimated to be released within this month if everything goes smoothly, may I know which color profile you are referring to here? Thank you.
2018-9-10
Use props
Vizzitor
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-9-9 20:53
Vizzitor,
Check your sources, I too thought only 7 days after delivery, however for people in the US, the policy is 14 days, I got this information from DJI support, however since you AC is activated already probably it's going to be hard for you to get a refund.
I love the portability of the Mavic and it flies like a P4P, hopefully the updates bringing back the lost features are not too far away.

14 days? I should have acted sooner but I am activated. I also have Mavic 1, the range improvement is great but video quality is far from matching the P4P. I am not happy about being forced to manage h265 with conversion for free Davinci. The diversity of color profiles does not match the cash outlay for Mavic 2 pro.
2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules