2946 12 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Uri-USA
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Following my post about a problem in the new Mavic pro 2,

Enclosed are videos I took of the problem.
DJI support devision has responded promptly, gave a few suggestions (Which unfortunately did not solve the problem) and asked for these videos.
So far it seams that they take the matter siriously.

I'll keep you updated.

https://youtu.be/BmjlyGWg3OA

https://youtu.be/S3P-vKyqTtI

Encoded is the previous mail I sent DJI   

I have purchased the new Mavic 2 directly from DJI and received it yesterday.

I have a lot of experience with operating and flying drones, especially Dji drones.

I have owned Dji drones since your first product was out.

The new drone Mavic pro 2 looks and feels amazing. However, after I studied it thoroughly and saw all the tutorials,

I have tried to operate the new drone, but before I could even lift it off the ground I came across a severe problem with the camera gimble that prevents me to use it.

It looks like the built in camera gimble is defective. It doesn’t preform as it should be.

It is moving quickly, brutally all over up and down very quick, hits the body of the drone non stop and uncontrolled. When I turn the camera off, it stops facing half down.

From time to time the shaking to all directions stops and the camera starts to tremble up and down very fast.

I can’t control the camera with the tilt gimble button of the controller, neither using the app.

As long as the aggressive movement of the camera continues and the app is on, it operates on visual and you can see through the lens the aggressive movement view.

Important: I am not referring to the normal set up synchronizing of the camera. I am talking about a defect in the camera gimble.  

The problem occurs when the drone is synchronized with the controller or when the drone operates without the controller, with or without connecting to the app.

I have tried to replace the connector cable between the phone and the controller.

I tried to use the micro USB port on the left side of the controller and the USB port at the bottom of the controller.

I replaced 3 fully charged butteries.

I linked and unlinked the drone from the controller as specifies in the operation instructions

I am a professional commercial drone pilot and I need an immediate urgent solution

because I have a specific project I purchased this drone for I need  it immediately.
I bought the drone during the NYC launch after waiting for the launch a long time, and I’m highly disappointed.

Uri Iram
USA
uriiram@gmail.com
www.besthomephotos.com

2018-9-2
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Man thats really sad I feel your pain.

Please remember those courier guys dont treat your drone like you would during transportation, its just a box to them.

You can buy a toaster thats faulty out of the box . Imagine the engineering and technology thats gone into the MP2.  Its definitely a bummer for you …..

Its not the problem … its how DJI deal with it that really counts.
2018-9-2
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Looks like on video #2 the drone got possessed by the devil.
I think exorcism is in order to resolve the issue.
2018-9-2
Use props
Uri-USA
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

2018-9-2
Use props
Uri-USA
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-9-2 08:32
Man thats really sad I feel your pain.

Please remember those courier guys dont treat your drone like you would during transportation, its just a box to them.

2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sincerely sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. Unfortunately, If you having an issue I would recommend to send it into the facility for further checking of the issue or you can just go to this link http://www.dji.com/support and select one of the support channels.
2018-9-2
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Always a very sad day if you spend so much money, just for it to malfunction. Hope they fix it for you.
2018-9-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2018-9-2 08:33
Looks like on video #2 the drone got possessed by the devil.
I think exorcism is in order to resolve the issue.

I agree that really looks like it has been taken over by the Devil
2018-9-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please keep us updated on your progress with DJI.
2018-9-2
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-2 09:13
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sincerely sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. Unfortunately, If you having an issue I would recommend to send it into the facility for further checking of the issue or you can just go to this link http://www.dji.com/support and select one of the support channels.

I think a better group of fully trained QC people should be put in place to avoid too much apologies.
It's very easy to apologize online but really painful to consumer when they received their product "DEFECTIVE". Retraining the whole QC Dept. will maybe alleviate issues. Just saying...what do I know!
2018-9-2
Use props
Uri-USA
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-9-2 10:01
Please keep us updated on your progress with DJI.

2018-9-2
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

It is making me wonder if a warehouse worker dumped a pallet of these ?  Well I guess that is why get a warranty but we will see if Amazon customers have less problems then straight from DJI customers  who had FedEx delivering, So who delivers to Amazon warehouse I know UPS ships to the homes.

So is the problem

1. Quality control ?
2. Normal small percentage of defectives with electronics ?
3.FedEx shipping ?
4. DHL shipping ?
2018-9-2
Use props
Ellinor William
lvl.2

India

Man, your camera had totally lost it. I wish they replace this piece. It's so spooky and funny to see this drone go. The second video literally cracked me up. Thanks for the post!
2018-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules