1478 8 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_H60RTNV0aM4B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58599 ft
United States

Hi all.
First of all, this is my first drone. Unbelievable how much fun it is. I was thinking of getting the Mavic Air for a while, but figured I'd wait for the announcement last week from DJI. Ended up getting the zoom.

I find it hard seeing the phone screen in the sunlight. So, one question I have.   What do you guys do to be able to read the icons and see the damn screen overall?

2018-9-2
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

IPad mini 4 fitted with a mavmount and hoodman sunshade. Great even in harsh sunlight
2018-9-2
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here are some things you can do:

• Set the brightness to the max setting on your phone
  • Fly while standing in the shade (so the sun isn't hitting the screen)
  • Attach a sun shade (like this one) to your phone to keep it shaded
  • Use a mobile device that has a brighter display (see some other options sorted by brightness here)
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your concern, you can use a Remote Controller Monitor Hood for you to be able to see the screen of your Device here's some sample.
2018-9-2
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I have a sunshade for my iPad that I bought on amazon for 10 euros.

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-9-2
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

A CrystalSky monitor can be seen in full sunlight. Expensive, dedicated option, but worth the coin if you can afford it.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-2 14:05
A CrystalSky monitor can be seen in full sunlight. Expensive, dedicated option, but worth the coin if you can afford it.

Hi, Thanks for your adding an information, however, the Crystal sky is not yet optimized with our DJI Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-3
Use props
Jake Phantom 3 S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I just stand in the shade if it's available. If not I stand with my back to the sun and create my own shade.
2018-9-3
Use props
StarRider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58599 ft
United States

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. For now, looks like the remote hood will work.
2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules