Can we set name for SD card drive?
1912 7 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
5000msl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277178 ft

Is there somewhere in the GO4 app for M2P to specify the drive names for the internal memory and mSD card? They show up as "NONAME" and "Untitled" when I connect to my desktop or insert into SD card slot.

I tried renaming them on the desktop, but when I subsequently formatted the memory & card using GO4 app* my set names were overwritten to "NONAME" and "Untitled".

*read or heard somewhere it's better to format the mSD card in the drone. That some folks had trouble when formatting on their desktop (though that may not have be DJI, don't recall.)

Thanks.

2018-9-3
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Yes.  In Finder (mac), or Explorer, simply rename them.  When you do format them, the name reverts.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding that, you can rename your SD card using your PC. As long as the SD card is being readable on the pc you can able to rename it.
2018-9-3
Use props
5000msl
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-3 11:19
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding that, you can rename your SD card using your PC. As long as the SD card is being readable on the pc you can able to rename it.

I understand that. In fact in my original question I said that I renamed them on my pc, but when I formatted the card in drone I lost the name.

What I was asking is if there is a way to set the name in the GO4 app so when the card is formatted, it is automatically given that name. (If you format a drive on a pc, you are given the option to name the drive, but when you format the card (drive) in the GO4 app, it doesn't ask for a name.

Are you following me?
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

5000msl Posted at 2018-9-3 11:27
I understand that. In fact in my original question I said that I renamed them on my pc, but when I formatted the card in drone I lost the name.

What I was asking is if there is a way to set the name in the GO4 app so when the card is formatted, it is automatically given that name. (If you format a drive on a pc, you are given the option to name the drive, but when you format the card (drive) in the GO4 app, it doesn't ask for a name.

I apologize for that, Unfortunately regarding with that we don't have the option yet for renaming the SD card using the DJI GO 4 app.
2018-9-3
Use props
5000msl
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-3 11:37
I apologize for that, Unfortunately regarding with that we don't have the option yet for renaming the SD card using the DJI GO 4 app.

Thanks for the reply. That would be a nice feature, but even I would put it on the list below such things as Precision Landing, Waypoints, CourseLock, etc.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

5000msl Posted at 2018-9-3 16:18
Thanks for the reply. That would be a nice feature, but even I would put it on the list below such things as Precision Landing, Waypoints, CourseLock, etc.

Ok, thank you for the suggestions and being interested in it, if ever you have any other questions or concern feel free to reach us back. Cheers!
2018-9-4
Use props
Kuantou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2987507 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-4 07:02
Ok, thank you for the suggestions and being interested in it, if ever you have any other questions or concern feel free to reach us back. Cheers!

Yes, please this is so easy. When I format the SD card in my Nikon D750 the card automatically get the name D750. This would be very helpful for a lot of reasons.
2021-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules