iPad Air 2 wifi only
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seffyshalem
lvl.1

Israel

hello, I'm using iPad Air 2 and DJI pilot app for my P3a

Can I connect my iPad Air 2 to my iPhone 6 for Internet connection during the flight?
If not, should I turn off wifi on my iPad before the flight?

What about my iPhone cellular signal, should be disable as well before flight?

I'm confused, what about maps in my iPad during the flight?

Many thx

2015-5-29
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly with an iPad Air 2 connected to an iPhone 6 Plus, when I'm not around wifi.... Never ran into a problem.
2015-5-29
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can connect the iPad Air to your iPhone to tether the internet access during flight with no problem at all. The only bit of caution is to keep the phone ( and iPad and controller and other metal things ) away from the Phantom 3 when doing the compass calibration, leave the remote controller about 10 feet from where you do compass calibration.

As for the maps. The WiFi only Idevices do not come with GPS so if yuo cannot tether the ipad t another device will internet access when flyng in the field, you csn just cache the map for the area you will be flying prior to going there. To do this at home just browse the map in the DJI Pilot App for the are you will fly and zoom n and out and move left,right, up and down a little. Then the map will be cached for when you are flying. Worth noting that you DO NOT NEED to use the map at all can fly without it, also when you view the flight log in the app later it will download ther map as normal if you have internet access and overlay your flight onto it Hope this makes sense, it did when I was typing

Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying

2015-5-29
Use props
seffyshalem
lvl.1

Israel

Great! Many thx, yours answer help me to understand.

I will do the calibration away from my controller.
I will connect my iPad to my iPhone for Internet access during the flight, maps and so..
If I will be without my iPhone I will cache the maps in my home before flight.

2015-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules