Feature request - 360s gimbal needs to look up to 30 degrees
596 2 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

I've been playing with 360s a bit and found the original mavic a little bit better.  

For some reason the M2 seems to only pitch the gimbal at +15 degrees for the highest part of the shot.  The old mavic did twice that.
The result is a lot less sky is now taken so to get a full 360 degree you have to fill in or stretch in way more sky than is needed.
M2 takes 26 images vs the old 34 of the mavic 1 despite having a (slightly) narrower lens.

So DJI, feature request - restore the +30 gimbal row for 360 panoramas!

2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this topic to us. Regarding your concern, we will forward this to our R&D team for further clarification. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-9-7
Use props
AeroFotografie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23786 ft
  • >>>
Germany

1. I would even suggest an option to configure the number of rows / pictures used to shoot the panorama. Even if it would be possible to increrase the current pitch angle by 15° the overlapp between the next rows would sufffer. Just give the user an option to choose if they want to shoot a fast panorama like we have now, or a 'slow' panorama with additional images to cover as much as possible from the sphere.
2. Even more helpfull would be an option to use braketing and sometemes it would be usefull to use auto mode for every single picture
2018-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules