Ronin s flipping and vibrating
5648 4 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jgeeves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316401 ft
  • >>>

Hello, I’m a complete newbie to the gimbal field of equipment. I have set my ronin s up for the first time following online tutorials and it all seems to work, except the gimbal seems to flip out occasionally and send the camera upside down . It also gets to the point where it looks like the lens is about to crash into the arms of the support itself. I’m fairly sure I have it set correctly but willing to listen to any advice? Thanks
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jgeeves, the balance is very important for Ronin-S, each time you physically balance, please test the balance status in the APP to see if all the axes are excellent. Then you can try the Auto Tune to make sure everything is fine. Besides, please make sure the firmware has been updated to the latest version.
Please let us know if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-9-6
Use props
Jgeeves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316401 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-6 23:50
Hi Jgeeves, the balance is very important for Ronin-S, each time you physically balance, please test the balance status in the APP to see if all the axes are excellent. Then you can try the Auto Tune to make sure everything is fine. Besides, please make sure the firmware has been updated to the latest version.
Please let us know if the issue persists, thank you.

Thanks Mindy, I checked all the axis before use and they all said excellent.

You can see in the video the problem surely this isnt just caused by having bad balance? what do you think? This is trying to acheive the 360 roll.

It looks like its going to smash the lens off the support

Thanks

Jason

2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jgeeves Posted at 2018-9-7 04:51
Thanks Mindy, I checked all the axis before use and they all said excellent.

You can see in the video the problem surely this isnt just caused by having bad balance? what do you think? This is trying to acheive the 360 roll.

Hi Jason, thanks for the video, please try to tilt the device 45° to the left or right, then check if the Power value of all motors in Parameters Settings are within the range of +/-5. If not, please balance again.
For the Roll 360°, please make sure the settings are correct.
1. In the Ronin app, go to “Configuration”---”Control Settings”--- “Channels”, set CH3 to “Roll” and set the rest channels to N/A.
2. Use the Ronin-S with Flashlight mode.
3. Push the joystick left or right (which is the CH3) to enable the axis to make 360 turn.
Here is the tutorial video for your reference: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ronin-s-roll-360-mode
2018-9-8
Use props
fans01e4f01e
New

United States

Two times yesterday at a photo session my Ronin flipped upside down twice.. Did all the set ups twice with Excellent balance.  I had to power it off to get it to right itself. I have no idea how to get it to reset through it's buttons nor through the phone app. This caused a lot of confusion and caused me to loose out on a tremendous amount of subject matter. First time in the wild and I looked pretty amateur. It scared me because it did crash my Sony E series Lens into the motor hub the first time it flipped.  Only superficial damage to the Ronin and the the lens.  I need this thing to be as reliable as possible for reasons I am sure I need not explain, but indeed I can NOT have the gimble lose its mind just cause...... The sudden need for firmware updates didn't help yesterdays photoshoot either. I am feeling like I just bought a GoPro....

When the thing flips out again, what do I need to do exactly?

2021-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules