M2P... use as handheld gimbal?
1307 12 2018-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Is anyone using their M2P for handheld recording? This will be my first camera capable of quality 4k videography so I'd like to utilize it to its maximum potential. I work in commercial/industrial construction and will be using it to make promotional videos for our company. I've storyboard'd several different shots that I would like to record and one of them is to circle a building under construction (or just completed), then fly through a doorway, and then transition (through careful editing) to a handheld recording of the interior all as one smooth shot.

How would you guys go about performing a shoot like that?

Has anyone seen updated handheld dollies that were sold for the Mavic in Mavic 2 offerings?

Thanks for your advice!
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for the inquiry. I think using a Handheld device is nice and easy. This will allow you to see exactly what you are filming as you shoot. While you may not be able to fly, you can still capture the moment professionally. From action sports follow-cams to small video productions, the creative possibilities. Hopefully, our valued Customer can share their experience with this matter. Thanks.
2018-9-7
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-7 09:44
Hi there, thanks for the inquiry. I think using a Handheld device is nice and easy. This will allow you to see exactly what you are filming as you shoot. While you may not be able to fly, you can still capture the moment professionally. From action sports follow-cams to small video productions, the creative possibilities. Hopefully, our valued Customer can share their experience with this matter. Thanks.

Thanks, Natalia!
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

You're most welcome.
2018-9-7
Use props
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156499 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sure that PolarPro is working on an update for the Katana.  They seem to be quite popular.  
2018-9-7
Use props
TechJAM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96302 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-7 09:44

Wrong. No WiFi connectivity on the M2P, so a device like the Katana from PolarPro wont work the same. You need the controller!  Unless DJI updates the software and lets you plug your phone directly into the drone viewing
2018-9-23
Use props
BillTS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 434058 ft

I've tried, working well.
2018-9-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you do I'd suggest protecting it as much as possible. Are there katanas available yet?
2018-9-23
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

By an Osmo plus.
2018-9-23
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is NOT as easy as the M2P/Z  but I carry my P4Pro on occasion ......this vid doesn't look like it, but it's blowing 25 gusting to 30mph......so Off come the props and away we go.....

2018-9-23
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

El Kab0ng Posted at 2018-9-7 11:02
I'm sure that PolarPro is working on an update for the Katana.  They seem to be quite popular.

I received a response from PolarPro regarding this matter. I enquired about a gimbal harness for my MP2 as I have a Katana that I used for my MP1. I received a response from PolarPro confirming their engineers are working on a MP2 harness for the Katana.   
2018-9-23
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
United States

I considered adding.a second recording device, but I want consistency in the output. I’m putting together marketing videos for a construction company of job sites that consists of aerial and ground based footage. I want the final product to match (resolution, color, tone, etc.), using two different sensors and platforms creates problems in this regard (especially for the shot I mention in my original post). Oh sure, I can work diligently in the post process to get these to match as close as possible, but I’m lazy, I want easy. I want to be able to quickly drop various slips onto the time line and apply a single LUT, then export to edited video.
2018-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules