725 18 2018-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27510 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi Everyone, hope you all have a great day!

I just bought a Dji Inspire 2 from someone online and i would like to have some Information cause im not sure how the the recording in Raw work.
The kit i bought came with the Inspire 2 drone, 4 Battery, 1 remote controller, X7 Camera, 16mm dji Lens, Charged hub, case and all the accessories.
I didn't get any SSD with it so i have to buy that to film in raw that i know but to film in DNG Cinema do i need to buy the license? and how that work?
do i have to ship my drone to dji? or i just need to put some code inside the app? Me second question is the 120g enough or should i get the 240g?
how long can i film with the 120gb if im filming with the X7 in 6k?

The guy that sold me this kit just used it twice and he said he didnt know how the raw filming work so i thought i could get some help here.
I have another Dji drone which is the Dji Inspire 1 raw and that one i know 100% how it work but this one im new to it so if there is anything that
i should know before i fly please let me know Thank you!
2018-9-7
Use props
SOJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6660 ft
United States

Yes you need the license to film in Cinema DNG. You purchase the license on line and how you apply it is unknown to me.

If you plan on running with the 5k/6k DNG video, you need the 490GB drives... Multiple. I don’t even know why the make the smaller ones. You will need the PC docking station too.
2018-9-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Check the aircraft FW version first. DO NOT UPGRADE any further than .0100 despite requirements displayed in Go 4 app! Latest FW (.0200) is bugged, we're waiting for a fix from DJI. If it's too late already and you performed upgrade to .0200, reverse this with Assistant 2 software. Make sure she performs within specs, manual's references and your expectations, check the hovering stability and overall behaviour, worry about other things later.
2018-9-7
Use props
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

I just updated my remote control to the latest version (01.01.0020) but not the aircraft.. my aircraft still at .0100 i will post a screen shot of the versions i see on the app. Let me know if its good? And thank you for letting me know!
2018-9-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

fans5abca74f Posted at 2018-9-7 13:29
I just updated my remote control to the latest version (01.01.0020) but not the aircraft.. my aircraft still at .0100 i will post a screen shot of the versions i see on the app. Let me know if its good? And thank you for letting me know!

RC is no problem, you should be fine for now.
2018-9-7
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Is the .0100 rock solid like 0.330 ?
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Sorry for the late response. Yes, you may need a license key if you need Cinema DNG. After activation, it will be bound to the aircraft and will not be related to the gimbal camera and SSD.  You can purchase CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes License Key. The License is not required to be purchased separately and activated. It can be used directly. The Cinecore code needs to be bound and the verification code should be entered in DJI Assistant 2 to activate the License.
2018-9-10
Use props
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
  • >>>

Thank you for the replay! @FVP im not sure i didnt test my drone yet i just turned on and it looks fine its says ready to fly..
2018-9-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

fans5abca74f Posted at 2018-9-10 10:24
Thank you for the replay! @FVP im not sure i didnt test my drone yet i just turned on and it looks fine its says ready to fly..

Check the aircraft status report after powering the system on the ground. Don't take off before all settings are done within Go 4 app, sensors readings checked OK etc. My Inspire 2 with FW 01.01.0100 is solid and stable, performing charmingly. Which doesn't mean that your bird will behave the same way ...
2018-9-10
Use props
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
  • >>>

Im Out of town now i can just check when i get home this weekend. I hope its fine -.-
2018-9-10
Use props
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-10 02:00
Hi. Sorry for the late response. Yes, you may need a license key if you need Cinema DNG. After activation, it will be bound to the aircraft and will not be related to the gimbal camera and SSD.  You can purchase CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes License Key. The License is not required to be purchased separately and activated. It can be used directly. The Cinecore code needs to be bound and the verification code should be entered in DJI Assistant 2 to activate the License.

Is it possible to downgrade the rc ?
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans5abca74f Posted at 2018-9-10 18:19
Is it possible to downgrade the rc ?

May I know why you want to downgrade the remote?
2018-9-11
Use props
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
  • >>>

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-11 02:18

Just wanted to keep the older firmware to match with the aircraft. Little worried that it may cause problems to have the rc and the aircraft are not the same firmware. As i can see the new firmware is not good for the moment.
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans5abca74f Posted at 2018-9-11 02:26
Just wanted to keep the older firmware to match with the aircraft. Little worried that it may cause problems to have the rc and the aircraft are not the same firmware. As i can see the new firmware is not good for the moment.

I see. You don't have to worry about the firmware of the remote since they are different from one another. It is only the firmware of the aircraft that has an issue so keeping the latest firmware for the remote would be fine.
2018-9-11
Use props
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
  • >>>

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-11 02:18

Can i film 6k cinema dng with the 240g cinessd? If yes whats the maximum recording time on that?
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans5abca74f Posted at 2018-9-11 02:37
Can i film 6k cinema dng with the 240g cinessd? If yes whats the maximum recording time on that?

We will confirm this to our engineers. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-9-11
Use props
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-10 11:49
Check the aircraft status report after powering the system on the ground. Don't take off before all settings are done within Go 4 app, sensors readings checked OK etc. My Inspire 2 with FW 01.01.0100 is solid and stable, performing charmingly. Which doesn't mean that your bird will behave the same way ...

Just tried it and its working perfectly without any issues. I guess i have to keep it with the older fw .0100 something i dont understand is why people are so mad with dji cause the latest fw is not working? Why they dont just downgrade and wait for the new fw?
2018-9-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

fans5abca74f Posted at 2018-9-14 12:06
Just tried it and its working perfectly without any issues. I guess i have to keep it with the older fw .0100 something i dont understand is why people are so mad with dji cause the latest fw is not working? Why they dont just downgrade and wait for the new fw?

OK, lucky you than! Don't move a muscle for now and fly this beauty!

BTW, people are venting here because that's what forums are for. The majority of happy pilots don't bother to show up on forum. Firmware in question (.0200) isn't crippling all Inspire 2, probably only particular production batches. Whatever ...
2018-9-14
Use props
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-14 12:35
OK, lucky you than! Don't move a muscle for now and fly this beauty!

BTW, people are venting here because that's what forums are for. The majority of happy pilots don't bother to show up on forum. Firmware in question (.0200) isn't crippling all Inspire 2, probably only particular production batches. Whatever ...

Yea im gonna keep it with this fw till there is a new that been tested. No more updating. I had Dji products for the last 4 years and i never had any problems just once when i drop it that was my fault i had to change a sensor but other then that never really faced any problem. I love Dji they are killing with technology and impress everyone every time they come up with something. We should be happy we have a company that creates beautiful drones and camera that can show or world in a way we never did before! Kudos to Dji!
2018-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules