419 4 2018-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
visata
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13947 ft
Lithuania

Hi,

I was excited to receive my M2P but after intensive testing this weekend I was kind of dissapointed with severe moire in my videos. Are there the best known settings which I should use to reduce moire in videos? Is that possible to reduce moire with future firmware upgrades?

I mostly shot everything in 4K, HQ mode, D-log, standard profile.

Thanks
2018-9-9
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Turning down the sharpness a step or two often helps.
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there. thank you for reaching out. For that one can you provide some video sample or picture of the issue for better visualization? Thanks!
2018-9-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

From what I have learned so far you can't address the moire effect with firmware. It occurs as well with far more professional cameras of any size. I believe to have noticed (but very much welcome corrections on this) that it very much depends on which surfaces or structures you are filming at certain light conditions and angles when recording. I have observed that e.g. roofs, vertival structures as well as reflecting surfaces are the most causing moire. If you want these in your footage, you could film then from different angles and later use those with little or no moire.
If anyone here can correct me or share additional methods I would be very grateful to learn more.
2018-9-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is a video mode that will (should) help as it makes for a 1:1 readout of the sensor (eliminating the main cause for moiré: downscaling).
I think that is HQ crop mode.
(it will give a 'zoom' effect)
So if you get moiré in that mode, it is very strange.
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules