Iron King Mine Arizona
688 23 2018-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

My friend and I took our MP's out early this morning.
We just updated the Go4 App and firmware. Wanted to make sure everything was fine.

Got to the Iron King Mine and got ready to fly when I noticed I was missing a prop. How do you loose a prop?? Looked all over and it was definitely gone. Glad I have spares, so I got the MP ready. Calibrated the compass and had a great time with no problems. Can't say that for my friend.  He got a gimbal overload and the video was twisting in all directions. Brought her back . Everything looked fine so off he went again. After that he had no problems and we both used up our 3 batteries and came home.

Will post some videos after I do a little editing. In the mean time here are a couple of photos.

The Iron King Mine operated from the late 1800s until the early 1960s and was a periodically active mine for gold, silver, copper, lead and zinc.

2018-9-9
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

Iron King

Iron King mine.JPG
2018-9-9
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

Iron King pit

Iron king mine pit.JPG
2018-9-9
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Very nice photos, looks like a fantastic place. Never heard of loosing a prop by traveling.
Strange with your friend, but sometimes the MP is glitching and after a restart it works fine again. Strange but fact.

Lasse
2018-9-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice shots. Glad you had spare props. Also looking forward to seeing the vid.
2018-9-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Very nice shots, can not blame you for losing those props, thats what happens when you retire.................................Get forgetful
2018-9-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice pics.
Never lost a prop so far .
2018-9-9
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

Flybee Posted at 2018-9-9 10:45
Very nice photos, looks like a fantastic place. Never heard of loosing a prop by traveling.
Strange with your friend, but sometimes the MP is glitching and after a restart it works fine again. Strange but fact.

Lasse,

The place is neat to look at but we made sure we was a good distance from it since the  EPA listed the site on the Superfund program’s National Priorities List (NPL) in 2008.  Has  cyanide,  levels of arsenic and lead in soils due to erosion from tailings

John
2018-9-9
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-9-9 11:26
Very nice shots, can not blame you for losing those props, thats what happens when you retire.................................Get forgetful

Suren,
So far I think I am the first old guy who lost a prop and I wasn't even in the air.
2018-9-9
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-9-9 11:41
Very nice pics.
Never lost a prop so far .

Monty
I thought I would damage a prop before I lost one. I am always careful placing 2 in each side pocket of my bag.
Must of just fell out in transit. Just ordered a set to replace all 4. Also purchased 3 battery Lipo bags for storage.
2018-9-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

B1houdini Posted at 2018-9-9 11:55
Monty
I thought I would damage a prop before I lost one. I am always careful placing 2 in each side pocket of my bag.
Must of just fell out in transit. Just ordered a set to replace all 4. Also purchased 3 battery Lipo bags for storage.

Yes, I also have some spares with me.
But so far they stay where they are since the old ones are doing fine.
(silent props)
2018-9-9
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

B1houdini Posted at 2018-9-9 11:49
Lasse,

The place is neat to look at but we made sure we was a good distance from it since the  EPA listed the site on the Superfund program’s National Priorities List (NPL) in 2008.  Has  cyanide,  levels of arsenic and lead in soils due to erosion from tailings

John, I can see the problem, we had some "leakage" from one of hour Oar minds some years ago, wise to stay away and still be there. That's why it so nice with this flying cameras

Lasse
2018-9-9
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

That 1st photo is incredible. Tailings pond looks like it's from another planet. Looking forward to seeing the video.
2018-9-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Fabulous shots buddy and I too look forward to seeing your video, if you remembered to press record.....
2018-9-9
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-9 15:02
Fabulous shots buddy and I too look forward to seeing your video, if you remembered to press record.....

John,
Funny you should mention about pressing record. On the last battery my friend did just that. "forgot to press record". Was he ever disappointed.
I have done it only once and it was while doing a POI.  Set it all up and was so proud. Then at home looking at the video. "Nothing".
2018-9-9
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-9 14:41
That 1st photo is incredible. Tailings pond looks like it's from another planet. Looking forward to seeing the video.

Paul,
I am working on it now. Trying to take 45 minutes and get it down to 3 minutes. Might have to do it in 3 videos.
2018-9-9
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
lvl.2
United States

Very beautiful pictures, and kind of eerie!  It look like Xiancee chemical plant runoff in China, but we have lot of places that look like that.  They make deep spots to catch toxic wast so not as much get into rivers, so less get into drinking water, but after big rain you still can taste it.  Lucky are people that can afford bottled water.  Some use charcoal in long pipe to filter chemicals out.

Hope that not pollute anyone.   Again very beautiful and I look forward to your videos next!

Great day,

Jimmy
2018-9-9
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Nicely done - thanks for sharing.
2018-9-9
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
lvl.2
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-9-9 11:49
Lasse,

The place is neat to look at but we made sure we was a good distance from it since the  EPA listed the site on the Superfund program’s National Priorities List (NPL) in 2008.  Has  cyanide,  levels of arsenic and lead in soils due to erosion from tailings

I wouldnt get too worried unless you want to swim in it.  Kids in China do swim in them during heatwaves, but yes its bad for you.  Glad you had much fun!

Jimmy
2018-9-9
Use props
Vilavicentum
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819646 ft
Mexico

Nice photos!!
2018-9-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

B1houdini Posted at 2018-9-9 11:50
Suren,
So far I think I am the first old guy who lost a prop and I wasn't even in the air.

2018-9-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

B1houdini Posted at 2018-9-9 16:30
John,
Funny you should mention about pressing record. On the last battery my friend did just that. "forgot to press record". Was he ever disappointed.
I have done it only once and it was while doing a POI.  Set it all up and was so proud. Then at home looking at the video. "Nothing".

Been there, done that, wear the T-shirt and starred in that Movie. We've all done it lol

And to make it worse, done it whilst watching the live footage and not noticing the 'big red circle' winking back at you 'Press me you clown'

My excuse is that little voice nagging in the background 'You're too low, slow down, watch the trees' hah what use is a spotter if she doesn't notice the record button has been pressed.
2018-9-9
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Great shots .
2021-5-16
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer