Roll issue...Is this hardware problem?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Hi,

I have the P3P almost a month now. I totally love it in everyway, over my P2 V2 phantom.

But since i am reading a lot about this i decided to ask about the unlevel horizon, even after updates and carefull IMU and Gimbal calibration. Did everything suggested in rc groups forum by dji official supporters, cold Imu calibration on flat surface etc.

I still get many times the roll issue, especially after a yaw movement. Sometimes it destroys shots and since i use them in my video work it is a big problem.

I must say when i opened the box from the post, the plastic gimbal protector was fallen and camera obviously was moving freely on its "journey" to me...

Should i sent back the P3P or it could be fixed by a future software update? i wish...  

I have uloaded some video scenes of the horizon issue...

2015-5-29
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Find a 5 - 10 story building with sharp horizontal and vertical lines (windows, columns, etc) that you know are G-Level and then fly your P3 with gimbal at horizontal/neutral position.  That way you can check for sure.  The landscape "level" is not a good test.
2015-5-29
Use props
abeach
New
Flight distance : 95082 ft
United States

I do not see the problem in your video. I do not see the roll? or un-even horizon.

2015-5-30
Use props
marco0002.telen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2079551 ft
Belgium

wanna trade for mine
2015-5-30
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft