o(^-^)o
markfrank
lvl.3
Flight distance : 100331 ft
France

Hello DJI,
active track is fantastic, but

active track and follow-me mode seems to me complementary, not redundant:

In some cases, when pilot moves (car, boat), the follow-me mode GPS-based seems stronger than Active Track:  car can enter a forest and disappear from the camera, the drone will still follow, in this case active track stops and drone hovers. When flying from a boat you can loose active track (drone or boat fast moves) and if drone hovers, the boat goes and drone recuperation becomes more problematic.

Moreover, follow me is less CPU consuming and gives more autonomy

Can we imagine follow-me mode coming back anytime soon, side by side with active track?

many thanks
François Marquet, french pro drone pilot

2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. The active track would depend on the subject and it should be on the constant speed for the drone to constantly follow the subject, considering the environment would be very helpful to maximize the usage of this feature, however, for the follow me mode it would use the GPS of the mobile device so that it could constantly track the subject.
2018-9-11
Use props
markfrank
lvl.3
Flight distance : 100331 ft
France

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-11 09:30
Hi, Thanks for your feedback. The active track would depend on the subject and it should be on the constant speed for the drone to constantly follow the subject, considering the environment would be very helpful to maximize the usage of this feature, however, for the follow me mode it would use the GPS of the mobile device so that it could constantly track the subject.

Hi Tony
thank you for your reply
when you are inside the object you track (a car or a boat for exemple), Follow-Me mode is a good option, sometimes safer  than Active Track. Do you know if DJI will propose it as a tracking option on Mavic 2 anytime soon?
kind regards
François
2018-9-11
Use props
TAN CHUN YAN
lvl.1
Malaysia

Follow Me
Follows the controller
+ve you can turn the yaw off to any other point of interest as the drone follow the controller(keeping a fixed distant & direction eg. NW to the controller). Therefore, the pilot/object is not necessarily to be in the frame all time.
+ve you don't worry your drone stay hover when it loose track of the object
-ve you have to carry your controller with you

Active Track
Follows the object highlighted in the camera
+ve gimbal involve actively together to track the main object
+ve you don't have to carry the controller with you
-ve drone hover when the object out of sight.
2020-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules