691 4 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Hi,
Please post comments on the pros and cons for updating (or not) the newest version of DJI GO4 on Android OS phones and/or tablets.
Thanks,
S.
2018-9-10
Use props
djiuser_yAkodfehiurR
lvl.1
United States

i've tried several times to update the app on my phone. It tells me to connect to the controller. When i do it states i have no wifi so when i connect to home wifi it states i'm not connected to the controller. I have no idea how to update
2018-9-10
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

djiuser_yAkodfehiurR Posted at 2018-9-10 10:59
i've tried several times to update the app on my phone. It tells me to connect to the controller. When i do it states i have no wifi so when i connect to home wifi it states i'm not connected to the controller. I have no idea how to update

To update the app, you don’t need the controller. To update the controller you need one.
Are you sure that you are not trying to update controller instead of the app?
Because just connect to play market or App Store,find DJI go 4and click update. That’s it!

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-10
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Alex is correct, you need to do the update through the App Store, and yes you need to be connected to the internet. The RC or the Spark are not needed for this.
S.
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_yAkodfehiurR Posted at 2018-9-10 10:59
i've tried several times to update the app on my phone. It tells me to connect to the controller. When i do it states i have no wifi so when i connect to home wifi it states i'm not connected to the controller. I have no idea how to update

Hi, Sorry for the troubles. If you're trying to update the application itself, you need to connect your phone to your home internet wi-fi, however, if you're referring to the firmware update, you'll be needing to connect the RC and AC as well as the mobile device for you to update the firmware. Please see the video for your reference.

2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules