Grounded - 24 hour support - NOT
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
great.day
lvl.2

United States

Having issues with Pilot app crashing.  Android 5.0.2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A, 80+ flights (no issues), P3P received May 6th.

(LA is Monday through Friday-9-5)

The app crashed 3 times - lucky p3 in sight at the time.  Still had control, but no data.

I know that this device is not supported according to DJI, however most that are flying are not either.

Contacted DJI 24-hour support and received this (via live chat):

The Pilot app has stopped 3 times now.  The message from the Android tablet is: "Unfortunatelly, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped"

In order to provide you with the fastest and most effective service, our Support Team in LA is taking charge of the after-sales service for customers from North America. If you need any support concerning the product, please feel free to contact our North American regional office for help.
The contacts of our North American regional office are as follow:
Email: us.support@dji.com
Phone: +1 (818) 235 0789  
Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
We apologize if this change has caused any inconvenience to you and really appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

20:35:50
That's NOT 24 hour support!!!!

20:37:21
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
As I am sure you can appreciate, we received many requests for technical information and as a result are not able to provide instant replies. Please be assured that your request is being dealt with and a reply will be sent ASAP.
Thank you for your understanding.

您好,感谢您联系大疆创新技术支持,
您的咨询信息我们已经受理。由于目前正处于技术咨询高峰,未能立即回复您,十分抱歉。
我们将会尽可能快地为您提供技术支持服务。
感谢您的理解和支持。

20:39:13
We are support team in China

In order to provide you with the fastest and most effective service, our Support Team in LA is taking charge of the after-sales service for customers from North America

Any suggestions?  Uninstall, reinstall the app?  I had erased the cache as recommended by a google search on the error prior to the last flight.

Thanks

2015-5-29
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Have you recently added any apps?  I've got a Galaxy Tab 4 that has been working fine.  Out of curiosity I tried to find that "com.google.process.gapps" in my tablet directory tree and had no luck.  What ever it is, that's causing the problem with the DJI Pilot app.  Try stopping the process and delete it.  Then try your Pilot app again.

The harsh reality; don't be surprised if DJI comes back and says it's not a supported device and that makes it beyond their scope of support
2015-5-29
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Try clearing the cache on the application before removing and reinstalling it.  Settings -> Application Manager -> DJI Pilot -> CLEAR CACHE (Not Clear Data!)
2015-5-29
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

gil Posted at 2015-5-30 10:45
Have you recently added any apps?  I've got a Galaxy Tab 4 that has been working fine.  Out of curio ...

The directory will  be hidden to normal users unless you root your device.
2015-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules