Flight Data stored in the cloud - iTunes is not an option.
1163 8 2018-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
biob_mav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53612 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I would like access to my flight data. I regularly sync with DJI servers. Can’t access flight data in DJI assistant 2 as it appears to be encrypted. Not willing to use iTunes to download from phone.
Does DJI have an online method to download my data? Have asked question previously and was effectively told not without the right tools,then never heard from admin again.

Under European law, I have a right to access my data in a readable format. Does DJI realise that GDPR does apply to them as they sell products throughout Europe.

I am a fan of DJI products, but the way they treat customers is very poor.
2018-9-11
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

After installing the DJI Assistant 2 application, you can use the "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Assistant\Viewer.exe" application to view the data within your DAT flight logs. Or you can view the data from your TXT flight logs in the following section of DJI GO:

Outside of those tools offered by DJI, you can use these 3rd party tools to view your flight log data.
2018-9-11
Use props
biob_mav
lvl.2
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 2018-9-11 05:27
After installing the DJI Assistant 2 application, you can use the "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Assistant\Viewer.exe" application to view the data within your DAT flight logs. Or you can view the data from your TXT flight logs in the following section of DJI GO:

[view_image]

Thank you for the response. Think things have changed with the Mavic Air as the logs from Assistant 2 won’t open in the viewer. They also compress the logs using the ZLIB compression library. I’ve managed to decompress the file but the view is still unable to load the file. Thought something had gone wrong with my install , so downloaded some example logs from internet and they load fine for other models.

Forums are reporting that they think the files are encrypted now.
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

biob_mav Posted at 2018-9-11 06:33
Thank you for the response. Think things have changed with the Mavic Air as the logs from Assistant 2 won’t open in the viewer. They also compress the logs using the ZLIB compression library. I’ve managed to decompress the file but the view is still unable to load the file. Thought something had gone wrong with my install , so downloaded some example logs from internet and they load fine for other models.

Forums are reporting that they think the files are encrypted now.

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding this concern, we will forward this issue to our R&D department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2018-9-11
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Airdata com is an other option. Using other programs to open flight log will in most cases not give you all details as Dji Assistant will do.
2018-9-11
Use props
biob_mav
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-11 09:47
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding this concern, we will forward this issue to our R&D department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Thank you Natalia. I think allowing the community more access to the data , will only help the popularity of DJI and the amazing products you guys make.
2018-9-11
Use props
biob_mav
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you guys for your responses , much appreciated.
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

biob_mav Posted at 2018-9-11 11:20
Thank you Natalia. I think allowing the community more access to the data , will only help the popularity of DJI and the amazing products you guys make.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Upon checking, if you wanted to download the data from DJI, you'll need to email us at support@dji.com according to General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thanks.
2018-9-11
Use props
biob_mav
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-11 14:47
Hi, thanks for the reply. Upon checking, if you wanted to download the data from DJI, you'll need to email us at  according to General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thanks.

Thank you for your help.
Is there any chance, I could either get a copy of the tool to view the logs that are created using assistant 2. Or do you have a development guide for decrypting the logs, so that I can write my own software to extract the data please?
2018-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules