Mavic Air NFZ Bypass
397336 397336 2018-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27520 ft

Thanks for the Idea Dji Flysafe Support Team ... now I know how to bypass all of your nfz areas on the Mavic Air.
2018-9-11
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Can you share with us
2018-9-11
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

GDL Posted at 2018-9-11 06:04
Can you share with us

nope, took a hard minute to come to this conclusion... but i can say i have completely defeated it...  
2018-9-11
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

What a pointless post!
2018-9-11
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft

Yeah, no kidding. Useless is an understatement
2018-9-11
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

what if i told you you dont have to buy any thing to defeat dji's geofences
2018-9-11
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

Rfern Posted at 2018-9-11 07:41
Yeah, no kidding. Useless is an understatement

useless or smart to keep under wraps
2018-9-11
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

What if we say, proof it?
2018-9-11
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

Charissa Posted at 2018-9-11 07:46
What if we say, proof it?

I typically don't give into peer pressure.
I'm more concerned with letting dji know that geofencing is pointless and should abolish it for those whom have the appropriate credentials to fly drones commercially... I definitely don't want a bunch of best buy pilots out there finding out how to defeat the geofence either.   
2018-9-11
Use props
jimmylee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 367352 ft
  • >>>

TOOT, TOOTTTTT!!!!
2018-9-11
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Twiggy-Fpv Posted at 2018-9-11 07:55
I typically don't give into peer pressure.
I'm more concerned with letting dji know that geofencing is pointless and should abolish it for those whom have the appropriate credentials to fly drones commercially... I definitely don't want a bunch of best buy pilots out there finding out how to defeat the geofence either.

This is not peer pressure, this is "show us the money stupid, or shut up"
2018-9-11
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

Charissa Posted at 2018-9-11 08:14
This is not peer pressure, this is "show us the money stupid, or shut up"

Are you Employed with Dji?  If not.... No Soup For you...
to show it would be the same as releasing it to a bunch of people that don't even acro or pid tune.. and are un-deserving of such things!  
2018-9-11
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Twiggy - I get that you think publication of defeating the NFZ would be opening the cookie jar to some irresponsible pilots.  I agree that whatever hack or trick you've uncovered should not be shared.

However, what I do NOT understand is your need to make a post here Gloating about your accomplishment?  If you had a genuine interest in safeguarding your findings of an easy hack, and had the concerns you've posted, you should have contacted DJI privately and reported this immediately.  NOT post it publicly so that the very people you are concerned about, don't turn around and start looking for the Waldo you just alerted everyone was out there.

Pretty dumb move, which totally undermines the high road you are trying to claim.  Now, if your morals are where you claim they are, shut your pie hole, connect with DJI and share your finding with them, pronto.

Thanks.
2018-9-11
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
United Kingdom

To repeat my previous, What a pointless post
2018-9-11
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

MrArcher Posted at 2018-9-11 08:39
Twiggy - I get that you think publication of defeating the NFZ would be opening the cookie jar to some irresponsible pilots.  I agree that whatever hack or trick you've uncovered should not be shared.

However, what I do NOT understand is your need to make a post here Gloating about your accomplishment?  If you had a genuine interest in safeguarding your findings of an easy hack, and had the concerns you've posted, you should have contacted DJI privately and reported this immediately.  NOT post it publicly so that the very people you are concerned about, don't turn around and start looking for the Waldo you just alerted everyone was out there.

No.. that's how you get the doorway closed... And not changed for the greater good, for those of us who have the credentials to operate safely without the kiddo gloves. So until they change the geofence system for licensed pilots, I will keep that doorway open for me and anyone else who is able to come to the same work around as I have.  
2018-9-11
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

You make no sense.  If you were truly interested in identifying and reporting a security weakness, you would have never started this thread, which in turn tipped off people an easy hack is possible.

What the F are you thinking is going to happen when you come here and GLOAT about it like a 12 year old?

Are you really that dimwitted?

2018-9-11
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

MrArcher Posted at 2018-9-11 09:07
You make no sense.  If you were truly interested in identifying and reporting a security weakness, you would have never started this thread, which in turn tipped off people an easy hack is possible.

What the F are you thinking is going to happen when you come here and GLOAT about it like a 12 year old?

When was the last time DJI made you feel like they listened to you on feature requests or suggestion when it comes up to them making their line a little more cross platform friendly between their own products???
2018-9-11
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

MrArcher Posted at 2018-9-11 09:07

100 percent agree.

This is the stupidest thread I've seen for a long time.
2018-9-11
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
United Kingdom

“I know something you don’t know!” ..... pathetic!!!!
2018-9-11
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

Twiggy-Fpv Posted at 2018-9-11 09:13
When was the last time DJI made you feel like they listened to you on feature requests or suggestion when it comes up to them making their line a little more cross platform friendly between their own products???

Twiggy - Spin all you want, but this has ZERO to do with feature requests.  This has everything to do with some blockhead finding a hack to a security limitation, and refusing to confidentially report it, and childishly coming to their forums to gloat about it.

I don't need to get into the psychology of such reprehensible behavior, but I just highly suggest you stop posting now.  Close the browser and go away.  You must be aware you can be identified and if DJI chose to take a hard line on this, which I would absolutely advocate, this could be a costly mistake for you.
2018-9-11
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

MrArcher Posted at 2018-9-11 11:07
Twiggy - Spin all you want, but this has ZERO to do with feature requests.  This has everything to do with some blockhead finding a hack to a security limitation, and refusing to confidentially report it, and childishly coming to their forums to gloat about it.

I don't need to get into the psychology of such reprehensible behavior, but I just highly suggest you stop posting now.  Close the browser and go away.  You must be aware you can be identified and if DJI chose to take a hard line on this, which I would absolutely advocate, this could be a costly mistake for you.

100% of you came to this thread looking for the actual bypass!!! and mad that you won't get it. Well I've left bread crumbs all in this post so go ahead and figure it out for yourself!
2018-9-11
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

reported, the NFZ are there for a reason; people like you ruin the hobby for everyone else.
2018-9-11
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

Reported as well.  Thanks Ridg
2018-9-11
Use props
bapski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56171 ft
United States

"I definitely don't want a bunch of best buy pilots out there finding out how to defeat the geofence either.   "??  like he's above all of us?

agree stupid post...reported as well.
2018-9-11
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

To the first person who can show me their notch settings in BF..  I will give them a full how to guide. PS this doesn't just effect the MA... it effects the entire line of DJI products.
2018-9-11
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Austria

You can also build your own drone, and don't put the whole geofencing in, so you can fly anywhere you want. I am happy with the geofence, makes sure I don't fly where I can get problems. Or, post how you did it, and you will help the laws of droning getting worse because people fly where they are not allowed, or just stfu, report it to DJI, and maybe you will get a nice thank you   
2018-9-11
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Twiggy-Fpv Posted at 2018-9-11 08:22
Are you Employed with Dji?  If not.... No Soup For you...
to show it would be the same as releasing it to a bunch of people that don't even acro or pid tune.. and are un-deserving of such things!

You don't know it has been open for years? If you open your browser and search you can find it.
Nothing new here.
But I fully agree it should not been shared.
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for reaching out. Regarding that. Unfortunately, when you bypassing the No-fly zone meaning of that you bypassing the law as well that may lead to a problem and worst with that may Affect to others.
2018-9-11
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

Well dji actually don't care... It may be frowned upon but they agreed there is nothing they can do to prevent it. All of this is a result of a failed gig that was indoors inside of an nfz. I had all permissions and ahority to fly that location and full unlocks completed and was still unable to get the bird up in the air to do its job. Dji forced me to think outside the box and what do you know it worked. But once again I have full athorization to fly where I'm flying. I'll just keep my mouth shut from here on out because I have to admit, it felt pretty good to beat the system that was designed to work but didn't in my case. Good day!
2018-9-11
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

2018-9-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Twiggy-Fpv Posted at 2018-9-11 08:53
No.. that's how you get the doorway closed... And not changed for the greater good, for those of us who have the credentials to operate safely without the kiddo gloves. So until they change the geofence system for licensed pilots, I will keep that doorway open for me and anyone else who is able to come to the same work around as I have.

i already know how....i defeated anti-rollback, NFZ, and altitude limit, and even found a way to activate without registration.  on multiple drones in fact.   not like your the first one to be able to do it...  just, your post is sh**t and absolutely pointless..  

as far as i am concerned, you are a troll trying to instigate something here..
2018-9-11
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

Thank you for contacting DJI.

Thank you very much for your advice.
Kindly note that the database of GEO MAP: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map is according to AIRMAP and designed to provide some general protection to sensitive locations around the world, not to match any particular set of regulations that apply to a certain user. We appreciate your kind understanding.

It is recommended that you carefully drive the aircraft while complying with local laws and regulations.

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help.

Best Regards
Lucas
DJI Technical Support

So they create a blanket coverage to cover their asses but yet do not care if it effects end users with the appropriate credentials. Airmap Already has the 3 different cats of flying... 336, 333, and 107 it would be easy for dji to be able to create geozones for each rule set but wont... why because they only care about the profits they generate and the ability to say hey we created geozones so our drone shouldnt of been able to fly there... so this is what you do

you can get as fancy with it as you'd like Copper mesh foil tape rf shielding material... ect

place over any GPS  on Any DJI Drone

Download just about any  Fake GPS App   for free for Android  ios you gotta do the xcode fcc stuff get an android if it gives you any other issues

set your location and make sure the phone is in airplane mode and ensure RTH is set to hover

NFZ defeated

Will fly in opti or atti so those that do not know how to fly without gps are going to have a bad time

Enjoy!  
2018-9-12
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Twiggy-Fpv Posted at 2018-9-12 05:24

That's it? wow i thought maybe if i have my FAA 107 cert they might do it but ya no need with this lol. Thanks and have a great day!
2018-9-12
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-11 20:17
i already know how....i defeated anti-rollback, NFZ, and altitude limit, and even found a way to activate without registration.  on multiple drones in fact.   not like your the first one to be able to do it...  just, your post is sh**t and absolutely pointless..  

as far as i am concerned, you are a troll trying to instigate something here..

I agree, I’ve been doing the whole rollback defeat, super sport mode crap for over a year now, he acts like he found a cure for cancer...
2018-9-12
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

actually, NFZ is built into drone firmware, not the app..  moment the drone locks GPS it can use its lookup table and block it from working..  the only way fake GPS app on your phone will work is if your drone doesn't have GPS lock to start with, but the moment it gets GPS lock it will position freeze itself if you are in a direct NFZ..

if you really wanna get around it..  all you have to do is reflash your drone with a re-rolled firmware package..  dump your firmware files, edit the parameters, recompile it and then you reflash it.. the easiest methods to use a modded Dji assistant app on your PC to reflash.  infact for alot of the parameters, like super sport mode, you dont even need to re-roll the firmware, just use DJi assistant, modify the default parameter files.

if your not into doing all that, there are automated free jailbreaking apps that community driven..  

2018-9-12
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-12 11:42
actually, NFZ is built into drone firmware, not the app..  moment the drone locks GPS it can use its lookup table and block it from working..  the only way fake GPS app on your phone will work is if your drone doesn't have GPS lock to start with, but the moment it gets GPS lock it will position freeze itself if you are in a direct NFZ..

if you really wanna get around it..  all you have to do is reflash your drone with a re-rolled firmware package..  dump your firmware files, edit the parameters, recompile it and then you reflash it.. the easiest methods to use a modded Dji assistant app on your PC to reflash.  infact for alot of the parameters, like super sport mode, you dont even need to re-roll the firmware, just use DJi assistant, modify the default parameter files.

Thats why i stated to use rf shielding material.... With this quick  mod and app , you will no longer need to do anything to firmware.  Use it when you need it and then keep on keeping on with dji's current FW... But you better know how to fly a drone wo GPS hold.
2018-9-12
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Twiggy-Fpv Posted at 2018-9-12 11:57
Thats why i stated to use rf shielding material.... With this quick  mod and app , you will no longer need to do anything to firmware.  Use it when you need it and then keep on keeping on with dji's current FW... But you better know how to fly a drone wo GPS hold.

"use it when you need it"? When would i ever need it? lol

....and ya we've been doing this for quite awhile now. There's more too but google will show you the way hehe
2018-9-12
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

Guys really?  While I'm shocked the thread hasn't been poofed already, is it really in our best interest to post ideas on how to circumvent the NFZ function, no matter how weak? I mean, the only people you guys are helping are the morons who would actually do it. Come on, just let this thread die until the Admins come to their senses.
2018-9-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

What a big pile of crap you have been posting here, no thanks for that! But hey, if it makes you feel being superior in any way, have fun with your dreams...
2018-9-12
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2

do any of yall actually own a drone capable of acro mode??
2018-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules