Thoughts on purchasing used drones
870 7 2018-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Hello all,
Just curious to everyone's thoughts on this.....

I have 3 drones I'm considering selling.
- DJI Spark Fly more combo- purchased Nov. '17 - one hard landing, flat on sandy surface due to trying to hand catch and stupidly allowing my thunb to get in the way..... OUCH!!  Looks new and still have original packaging
- DJI MAVIC PRO Fly more Combo - Purchased June '18 - Only a hand full (literally - maybe 5) test flights for connection issues.  NO hard landings.... everything looks new and still have original packaging
Yunecc Q500 4k fly more combo - Hard case, needs extra batteries as all but 1 battery went bad, back pack for carrying/hiking.... One very small, soft crash, but not even a scratch as I was flying close the ground (my yard) and it clipped the landing gear and flipped.  Have flown afterwards with no problems.

I've seen a lot of posts about people not willing to buy used drones due to trust/honesty issues.  

Would it be worth the time listing the for sale or would most people not even consider?

Thoughts?????

2018-9-11
Use props
enriquefc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1019301 ft
Venezuela

Hi, I've bought 2 used DJI drones. A MPP and a Spark, and both have worked flawlessly. Both purchased on eBay for the right price. The price will be your main ally when finding a buyer. However, I can tell you that the pros and platinums are selling like hotcakes now on eBay (like 50 sold in September so far, all used). Go ahead and post it, with as much info as you can about each bird, and I am sure they will sell.
2018-9-11
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

You are going to sell them no problems

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-11
Use props
Dr.One.
New

Canada

Absolutely, people buy and sell used drones all the time. DroneTrader.com has a free drone listing service and they also have some great posts on how to best buy and sell used drones.
2018-9-12
Use props
lvr123
lvl.2
Canada

Yep, I buy and sell used drones all the time. https://DroneTrader.com is a free UAV listing service and is probably your best bet (or eBay but they take a pretty hefty chunk). And don't worry about hard landings etc, just make sure to post as much information as possible in your ad and have lots of pictures. Lots of people are looking for backup units, parts, accessories etc and don't care too much whether your drone has been crashed or not.
2018-9-12
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have purchased both of my inspire1's used. I did request a screenshout of the flight records from the GoApp to help confirm the barely used quote
2018-9-13
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

I sold my MP recently on Ebay, decent photos, decent photos and an image of the charge cycles and battery balance, original packaging helped secure a reasonable price.
2018-9-13
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Thanks all.... I'll give it a shot.
Are we allowed to post items for sell on the forum?  What better place?
2018-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules