No GPS logged on 2 pics out of hundreds
764 2 2018-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
owen66
lvl.2

United States

Just a curiosity really, but I found that after a day of shooting, 2 images did not have GPS coordinates. The fields were written as 0s (meaning that SOMETHING was written, just not the actual coordinates - I would have expected a blank field if NOTHING was written).

The other photos taken on that same flight were correctly registered and the photos of other flights were all fine.

I've attached the EXIFTool export of all photos taken (rename .zip to .csv) - you can filter in a spreadsheet to see the 2 with 0s for GPS.

I wonder if DJI is writing GPS to EVERY image regardless of whether the GPS reciever has a lock on postiion. It might be nice to leave it blank or show a warning that "GPS not found" on your controller so you can try to wait for it to acquire.

EXIF_Data.zip

414.63 KB, Down times: 2

change to csv

2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask what drone are you using? What is the version of your app? Please let us know for further assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-14
Use props
owen66
lvl.2

United States

The drone is a Phantom 4 Pro v1.

At the time of the post, we had the latest firmware on the drone, controller and battery. (we check/update the night before every flight)
2018-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules