684 11 2018-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

Hi Guys

I didn't had time to fly the M2P for long.
Is the sun still a problem for the obstacle avoidance?

I'm somehow still scared that one day the failsafe rth against the sun will kill my bird.

Thanks
UC
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. This is quite normal, when the drone is facing directly to the strong light, it would trigger obstacle avoidance mistakenly. So you might need to avoid flying straight to the sunlight, or you can switch off the obstacle avoidance system, but need to be careful.
2018-9-12
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

I did try it yesterday! It was usually a problem with low sun. Did see any issues with it yesterday but then it’s Autumn here no low sun.
2018-9-12
Use props
ygrabo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 543097 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-12 02:54
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. This is quite normal, when the drone is facing directly to the strong light, it would trigger obstacle avoidance mistakenly. So you might need to avoid flying straight to the sunlight, or you can switch off the obstacle avoidance system, but need to be careful.

The issue is with return to home. The drone might get stuck somewhere because it sees an obstacle that is not there.
I guess the solution (if you have connection) is to switch it off when it happens, and then switch it on again until it happens again? Maybe just watch the screen carefully? ;)
2018-9-12
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Switzerland

ygrabo Posted at 2018-9-12 03:52
The issue is with return to home. The drone might get stuck somewhere because it sees an obstacle that is not there.
I guess the solution is to switch it off when it happens, and then switch it on again until it happens again? Maybe just watch the screen carefully? ;)

the real problem is failsafe rth, when you have no connection to your ac.
other than that i don't use rth at all.
2018-9-12
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just don’t get too close lol.
Nah but great you’ve pointed this out!
2018-9-12
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

If you get to close I'm sure it would Burn up. NASA has sent probes into the sun and none came back

2018-9-12
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Switzerland

i was waiting for this
2018-9-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

The solution to this is to never fly in a direction in which a fails-safe RTH would force the bird to fly towards the sun.
2018-9-12
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Sorry couldn't resist.
2018-9-12
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did a sunset flight this last weekend with the M2 and surprisingly didn't run into this issue.. whereas my original MP would've stopped many times.
2018-9-12
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

It is better, but, still not perfect.
2018-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules