Unused Mavic Air
952 11 2018-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DDexter722
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276650 ft
Canada

Hoping I can get some answers to a couple of questions quickly!

I am looking at buying a pre owned but not used Mavic Air. Seller says that it has never flown or even turned on. I have asked for the serial number, but he is not willing to tell me the serial number through PM.

I am looking to find out how long the activation process works and if I will know right away if it has already been activared?

Also, if it has been previously activated and DJI Refresh has not been purchased, can I still get DJI Refresh?

2018-9-14
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I believe until the drone did not active by any way (using any account) so you still can have warranty and also purchase care refresh. My suggestion is see for yourself, make an agreement that you pay all and activate, buy care refresh right away, if you see any previous activated or unable to apply care refresh, give it back immediately.
2018-9-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello DDexter722, thanks for reaching us. For purchasing the new drone, it is always recommended to purchase from authorized local dealers or online stores so that the authenticity and aftersales service can be ensured. Also, if the unit has been previously activated and still works well, you can submit the video verification from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
2018-9-14
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Be careful for second hand and discounted unused or not open unit. Those may not come from valid source and unable to active. It sounds strange someone buy a new MA sold to others without using. Especially they don't give you series number to check.
2018-9-14
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

No serial number? Wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole! DJI have had many drones stolen in transit and have block those that they know of from registration
2018-9-15
Use props
DDexter722
lvl.1
Canada

I don’t plan on handing over any money for this drone if unless I am able to activate it. So, my question still is not answered as to how long that process takes. Is it 5 min, an hour? Or longer?
2018-9-15
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

DDexter722 Posted at 2018-9-15 08:22
I don’t plan on handing over any money for this drone if unless I am able to activate it. So, my question still is not answered as to how long that process takes. Is it 5 min, an hour? Or longer?

Once you signed in your account on the App and connect your MA, it will ask you to activate it. All its take a few seconds. Then it will ask to update firmwares.
2018-9-15
Use props
DDexter722
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks for the quick reply. Now, can I function test the MA ( flight test) without activating or updating firmware?
2018-9-15
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

DDexter722 Posted at 2018-9-15 09:01
Thanks for the quick reply. Now, can I function test the MA ( flight test) without activating or updating firmware?

I don't think so....you can't take off without activating it
2018-9-15
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Motors cannot be turned on until activation.
2018-9-15
Use props
DDexter722
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-14 18:37
Hello DDexter722, thanks for reaching us. For purchasing the new drone, it is always recommended to purchase from authorized local dealers or online stores so that the authenticity and aftersales service can be ensured. Also, if the unit has been previously activated and still works well, you can submit the video verification from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload

I have PM'd you a picture of the box with the serial number. Are you able to verify that it is not activated?
2018-9-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DDexter722 Posted at 2018-9-16 10:42
I have PM'd you a picture of the box with the serial number. Are you able to verify that it is not activated?

Thanks for getting back to us. Upon checking the SN, the unit has not been activated, no worries.
2018-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules