Phantom 4 Advanced Plus Privacy Settings?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Homeyjay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33606 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think this applies to the P4A+ and the P4P+ but can anyone tell me where the privacy settings are on these birds?
The IOS and Android app allow you to tailor exactly what you want to share with DJI but where is this page on the Plus versions of the Phantom 4?

2018-9-15
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think it has been forced on us that have the plus version yet.
2018-9-15
Use props
Homeyjay
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes but without that don't they just take EVERYTHING!
Can someone from DJI please tell me exactly what is 'shared' with DJI's servers if the sync button is NOT pressed on the P4A+ remote?
2018-9-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Homeyjay Posted at 2018-9-15 11:06
Yes but without that don't they just take EVERYTHING!
Can someone from DJI please tell me exactly what is 'shared' with DJI's servers if the sync button is NOT pressed on the P4A+ remote?

The privacy settings you ask about were for commercial users of larger drones rather than the Phantoms.
But if you are paranoid about keeping your data private, the Phantom and controller have no way of communication with DJI.
DJI have no idea about where and when you've flown, what you photographed etc unless you choose to share the data by synching to their servers.
It isn't necessary, but if it gives you more peace of mind, fly with a wifi only tablet or in airplane mode.

Here's what DJI have already said:
https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... -security-practices

ps  Once you've seen what is in flight data, it's hard to understand what all the concern is about anyway.

2018-9-15
Use props
Homeyjay
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Actually, the privacy settings are  not only on commercial drones. They are on my iOS GO4 app that I use for my Mavic on my iPad and iPhone and I’m assuming they’re on the Android version of GO4.
2018-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules