What insurance should i get?
914 9 2018-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
charbel1011
lvl.3

I bought the dji mavic pro and i wanna cover it for loss? i am not going with dji insurnace because they don't cover drone loss. So which one is the best I live in USA,MASSACHUSETTS. and i want a coverage that i can put my mind at rest with.

2018-9-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry, unfortunately, we don't have a plan that would cover lost drone. Hope you could find a good deal that will provide this kind of query from our valued by our valued customers. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-16
Use props
djiuser_hnxHK0XmbVBz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23366 ft

I got mine covered with my home contents insurance through Aviva for £100 but that covers all of my household possessions and 3rd party liability including world travel... might be worth trying their USA branch
2018-9-16
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

Assuming you're flying recreationally, the only company in the U.S. that I'm aware of that sells a personal article policy (PAP) that covers drones is State Farm, but as I understand it they don't do business in Massachusetts. You're right that Care Refresh won't supply a replacement for a lost drone, but as far as I know that's probably your best option.
2018-9-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try contacting your home insurance provider
2018-9-17
Use props
dcorbo
lvl.2

United States

If you lived in any other state id say call State Farm. In Mass they are not currently writing new policies. If you have a low enough deductible on your home/ renters insurance part of the drone may be covered.
2018-10-2
Use props
Air Dale
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178586 ft
United States

State Farm is the only place I have seen so far but they are very expensive.  I live in Va and State Farm quoted me $500 per year to cover my mavic pro.  I am hoping it was a mistake and I am going to try a different agent.
2018-10-4
Use props
Sunny D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70883 ft
  • >>>
United States

Air Dale Posted at 2018-10-4 16:35
State Farm is the only place I have seen so far but they are very expensive.  I live in Va and State Farm quoted me $500 per year to cover my mavic pro.  I am hoping it was a mistake and I am going to try a different agent.

Wow!  The policy most drone owners have with state farm is $60/year.
Maybe he was giving you a decade quote and discount?
2018-10-4
Use props
Air Dale
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178586 ft
United States

Sunny D Posted at 2018-10-4 16:54
Wow!  The policy most drone owners have with state farm is $60/year.
Maybe he was giving you a decade quote and discount?

For $60 dollars I would buy it right now.  For $500 a year, I am pretty much buy a new drone every 2-3 years.  I am hope that they just did not know what they were doing.
2018-10-4
Use props
Gregbella
First Officer

Mine is covered through the house and contents in the same way a camera is ie . Theft, damage or loss it costs $6 Australian a month
2018-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules