594 11 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hgeurtsen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1218196 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Am I the only one finding it hard to remove the microSD card from the Mavic 2? Due to the position of the microSD card slot, it's very hard to get it out of the drone... Any typs on making this easier?
2018-9-17
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

I use my thumbnail.  Push it in and let it pop out as far as I can then grip with my fingers.  I have somewhat small hands so that helps..  I'd imagine you could push it in with tweezers and remove it with them as well.
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gotta be easier than the Mavic Air - I needed tweezers with that thing!
2018-9-17
Use props
hgeurtsen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 2018-9-17 10:50
Gotta be easier than the Mavic Air - I needed tweezers with that thing!

That's the problem... It isn't easier than with the Air... DJI should position these card slots at a flat spot with room around it for you fingers. With the Air, you didn't have that space around it, on the Mavic 2, the slot is in a hole with no space at one side. Sigh...
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hgeurtsen Posted at 2018-9-17 10:53
That's the problem... It isn't easier than with the Air... DJI should position these card slots at a flat spot with room around it for you fingers. With the Air, you didn't have that space around it, on the Mavic 2, the slot is in a hole with no space at one side. Sigh...

I was going to buy this drone as a back up to my Inspire but the more posts I read the less inclined I am. Think I'll wait for a few issues to be ironed out.
2018-9-17
Use props
hgeurtsen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 2018-9-17 10:55
I was going to buy this drone as a back up to my Inspire but the more posts I read the less inclined I am. Think I'll wait for a few issues to be ironed out.

This isn't that bad! It's just a minor inconvenience. I don't think DJI will iron this out. They didn't do that with the Air, so why would they do it with the Mavic 2? It's a fantastic drone apart from this minor thing!
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hgeurtsen Posted at 2018-9-17 10:57
This isn't that bad! It's just a minor inconvenience. I don't think DJI will iron this out. They didn't do that with the Air, so why would they do it with the Mavic 2? It's a fantastic drone apart from this minor thing!

That's good to know.
2018-9-17
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Probably a stupid question, but that's never stopped me before, so here goes. If you pop the SD card out and put it into the USB stick, you transfer at the higher USB rate than you can get transferring the files over the MP USB port. Why didn't DJI build the MP with a high speed USB port so you don't need the USB stick? Inquiring minds (and big hands) want to know.
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the trouble. Regarding that, I would suggest using a thin object to help you to pop out the SD card like a Paperclip or a tweezers.
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-17 12:23
Probably a stupid question, but that's never stopped me before, so here goes. If you pop the SD card out and put it into the USB stick, you transfer at the higher USB rate than you can get transferring the files over the MP USB port. Why didn't DJI build the MP with a high speed USB port so you don't need the USB stick? Inquiring minds (and big hands) want to know.

I think they attempted that on the MA with type C - faster data transfer.
2018-9-17
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

Go the girly route and get nail extensions, my other half has no problem getting the card out with hers, good for scratching your back too
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

damoUK Posted at 2018-9-17 14:40
Go the girly route and get nail extensions, my other half has no problem getting the card out with hers, good for scratching your back too

Hahahaha - always handed the MA to my wife to get that card out! That was her only involvement in my drones LOL
2018-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules