1261 13 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
biob_mav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53612 ft
United Kingdom

Hi again,

I know the smart battery for the Mavic Air communicates with the drone, but does the smart battery communicate with the DJI AC charger?
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. You mean connecting your intelligent flight battery to Mavic Air battery charging for you to charge the intelligent flight battery? Please let us know for further clarification. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-17
Use props
biob_mav
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-17 12:13
Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. You mean connecting your intelligent flight battery to Mavic Air battery charging for you to charge the intelligent flight battery? Please let us know for further clarification. Thank you for the support.

Hi Tony,
Thank you for the response. Yes Mavic Air battery connected to my DJI charger. I was just wondering if the battery and charger talk to each other as a extra safety feature.
2018-9-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes it does, for instance if you put two batteries on the charger, charger will start charging the one with the most power left, just in case you need a battery quicker, I would call that smart.
2018-9-17
Use props
biob_mav
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-17 12:33
Yes it does, for instance if you put two batteries on the charger, charger will start charging the one with the most power left, just in case you need a battery quicker, I would call that smart.

Thanks for the response. I’m talking about the standard charger(single battery) that comes with the Mavic Air. I noticed on the back of the charger it shows the connectors pinout, an one of them is I/O.
2018-9-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

biob_mav Posted at 2018-9-17 12:36
Thanks for the response. I’m talking about the standard charger(single battery) that comes with the Mavic Air. I noticed on the back of the charger it shows the connectors pinout, an one of them is I/O.

Ok, I’m not to sure about that one, only know it won’t charge battery until battery cools down to a certain temperature.
2018-9-17
Use props
biob_mav
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just trying to understand how it all works. I think the DJI kit is a technical marvel
2018-9-17
Use props
biob_mav
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-17 12:13

Hi DJI Tony,

Any chance I could have an answer please?
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

biob_mav Posted at 2018-9-19 11:43
Hi DJI Tony,

Any chance I could have an answer please?

Hi, I terribly apologize for the late response. You mean if you can use the Mavic Air battery charger to charge the intelligent flight battery?
2018-9-19
Use props
biob_mav
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-19 12:26
Hi, I terribly apologize for the late response. You mean if you can use the Mavic Air battery charger to charge the intelligent flight battery?

It’s ok.
I mean does the charger communicate with the intelligent flight battery via the SMBUS connection as an additional safety feature? Is this the reason ,it’s advisable to use only the DJI charger.
I’m sorry for the awkward question. I just like to know how things work.
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

biob_mav Posted at 2018-9-19 12:47
It’s ok.
I mean does the charger communicate with the intelligent flight battery via the SMBUS connection as an additional safety feature? Is this the reason ,it’s advisable to use only the DJI charger.
I’m sorry for the awkward question. I just like to know how things work.

Hi, Thanks for the clarification. We will forward this query to our engineers for further information in regards to this. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Biob_mav, sure the intelligent battery communicates with the DJI AC charger, the Mavic Air battery is an 11.55V, 2375mAh battery with smart charging/discharging functionality, it should only be charged using an appropriate DJI approved AC power adapter. It has the overcharge protection, overcurrent protection, over-discharge protection and so on, the charger communicates with the intelligent flight battery via DJI own protocol instead of the SMBUS connection, thanks for your understanding.
2018-9-30
Use props
biob_mav
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-30 04:55
Hi Biob_mav, sure the intelligent battery communicates with the DJI AC charger, the Mavic Air battery is an 11.55V, 2375mAh battery with smart charging/discharging functionality, it should only be charged using an appropriate DJI approved AC power adapter. It has the overcharge protection, overcurrent protection, over-discharge protection and so on, the charger communicates with the intelligent flight battery via DJI own protocol instead of the SMBUS connection, thanks for your understanding.

DJI Mindy, Thank you so much for answering my question. Really means a lot.
Have been involved in discussions on other forums concerning third party chargers. My advise was to only use the DJI chargers and that I believed they communicated with the battery for safety and correct charging.
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

biob_mav Posted at 2018-9-30 23:12
DJI Mindy, Thank you so much for answering my question. Really means a lot.
Have been involved in discussions on other forums concerning third party chargers. My advise was to only use the DJI chargers and that I believed they communicated with the battery for safety and correct charging.

Sorry for my late response because of the Chinese National Day, that is correct, it should only be charged using an appropriate DJI approved  AC power adapter, please let us know if you have any further concern.
2018-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules