Going to China soon, Need help!
763 10 2018-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adriank
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106558 ft

Hi guys, I need help as I have recently bought the Mavic 2 Pro and I will be going to China.

I know about the registering the drone process like written in this post:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-120010-1-1.html

So I will get a Chinese SIM card and register my drone when I am there. Get the QR Code etc.

But I want to be sure that the DJI Go 4 APP will work. I am also aware that in the APP I have to change the Amap and Calibrate map to Mainland China.

BUT my main concern is:
My account is now registered to another phone number. Do I have to reset everything and make a new account with the new phone number? Or can I link the new number with the old account?

Thanks so much for your help guys
2018-9-18
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

One your account is activated the sim is irrelevant.

If you really want to be safe / cautious then use the maps in offline mode, unless you're planning on using way points then the map is irrelevant IMO
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Let me confirm this to our engineers. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-9-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good luck getting it set up and be sure to post your footage
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for the wait. It is not necessary to change a phone number if you want to go to China for a few days but we have to know that all the aircraft below 250g need to register in the Civil aviation authority website in China (https://uas.caac.gov.cn/login).

In regards to register problem and regulars in China, you just have to log in to your existing account and it will automatically trace by using the GPS. Also, just pay attention to No-Fly-Zone areas, for example , most place in Beijing.
2018-9-18
Use props
adriank
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-18 03:51
Hi. Thank you for the wait. It is not necessary to change a phone number if you want to go to China for a few days but we have to know that all the aircraft below 250g need to register in the Civil aviation authority website in China (https://uas.caac.gov.cn/login).

In regards to register problem and regulars in China, you just have to log in to your existing account and it will automatically trace by using the GPS. Also, just pay attention to No-Fly-Zone areas, for example , most place in Beijing.

Hi guys, Thanks so much for your information!

Looking forward to my trip with your help.
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

adriank Posted at 2018-9-18 04:31
Hi guys, Thanks so much for your information!

Looking forward to my trip with your help.

You're welcome. Please let us know if you need more help.
2018-9-18
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

You need to enter a valid  China phone number on your DJI account to fly in China.
2018-9-18
Use props
adriank
lvl.1

GDL Posted at 2018-9-18 05:15
You need to enter a valid  China phone number on your DJI account to fly in China.

And how do I do that . I will get a valid Chinese phone number. So that is no problem.
My account already has a valid phone number (not chinese).
So will I get prompted to get add it?
2018-9-18
Use props
adriank
lvl.1
China

Hi guys,

I am here now and it kind of works.
First I was flying without Internet and without problems.

Then my second flight, I forgot that my roaming was turned on and I was prompted a message to verify with a Chinese phone number. No problem, I used a friends phone who was with me. We also registered the drone to him on the official Chinese government website uas.

With my phone the prompt went Away and I could fly. But only restricted to 50m!! I don't know what's wrong??

Best
2018-11-8
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Hope you get this sorted out. And remember to share your videos!!
2018-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules