1219 8 2018-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Didiko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18399 ft
Belgium

Hello,

I am planning to purchase a MAVIC Pro in second hand.

The current owner states that the device has only flown a few times (around 5) in a one year time.

I was intending to run the "DJI care test" to ensure that the Mavic is running properly.

Beside that, is there a mean to check basic information about the device like total flight time for example?

Many thanks for your help
2018-9-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes he will have all details in his app, he can show you or he can screenshot these,
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for the inquiry. Yes, you will see the basic information on the DJI Go 4 App that was used by the first owner. I suggest you test the drone first and see for yourself if it's still working properly.
2018-9-19
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Ya definetly go through the total distance and the flight time. If its more than 50km on it I would ask for crashes, and the battery cycles but you can check that in the testflight. Then just ask him to test fly it with YOUR PHONE for a little. When your test flying check every stick movement, gimbal, sport mode, check the battery voltages, and total charges, and also see that the stick movements on the controller are smooth. (200 charges is the max that is covered under warranty or 6 - 12 months not sure on the time but its whichever comes first) I got my P3P second hand and did the same stuff, im having 0 problems. Good luck!
2018-9-19
Use props
Didiko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18399 ft
Belgium

Thanks a lot for your answers already.

Waiting for the owner's reply to make an appointment, probably next week-end.

Will go through all items for sure. Long time I've used the DJI App: are these informations easy to find?
Which menu?
2018-9-19
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Warranty on batteries is 200 charges or 6 months.
# of charges will tell you something. Also flight log history.

2018-9-19
Use props
lennlen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59757 ft
United States

I am based in the US and was recently facing a similar decision on buying used.

Have you considered looking at eBay manufacturer refurbished units or even looking at recent discounts due to the release of the the Mavic Pro 2?  I found the used market (facebook and craigslist) asking very high prices in comparison to more reliable retail outlets.  Just something to consider.  For example (specific to the US, New York Market), private sellers were asking $800 - $1000 for the Mavic Pro 1, while authorized eBay refurbished units were asking $700 shipped, or more recently $600 at a brick and mortar store (Microcenter).

Just something to think about to minimize your risk...
2018-9-19
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10337090 ft
Canada

now 600.00 at the brick sounds really good, I'd be looking at that first.
2018-9-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Meet up with the seller if you can and test fly it.
2018-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules