Active track
775 14 2018-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pusia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34908 ft
United States

Hi guys, new on the forum wit a question. Starded using the Mavic 2 pro and wanted to test some of the features that it offers. Came up to the active track and decided to test it today on the beach with my daughter. I was not imressed with how the drone behaved. Could you shine some light on what is happenning in the video? The video is from the time i selected her as a subject till  the time I stopped the tracking. Nowhere did i touched the controls durring the flight.

2018-9-19
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

Did you see if your smartphone had cpu overloaded? I noticed that Kind of behaviour when my phone had cpu oveloaded.
2018-9-19
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Was the sand extremely bright? Maybe the downwards sensors were confused by that.
2018-9-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The sensor in the camera (which is used for AT) needs to easily separate the subject from the environment to be effective. Bright sand may impact on the sensor - there are many variables listed in the manual that show the optimal conditions for AT to be used.
2018-9-20
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try a different subject, different location, the mavic was having an issue with the target or environment . I’ve use active track at least 10 times and it’s worked flawlessly but my targets have been larger...
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to use a different subject and check if it will be the same?
2018-9-20
Use props
Pusia
lvl.1
United States

Hi and thank you for the replies.  They all have valid points, the iPhone 7plus used is dedicated phone for the drone and had no messages prior/after to this video, sand was bright and the subject small, but as soon as I get home I will post a second video shot 10 minutes later when I was trying  the profile tracking which performed flawlessly. It seems my drone has an issue backing out while tracking a subject. I will retest again on grass field and post here as soon as I can as well.
2018-9-20
Use props
Straker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8431946 ft
United States

I have been having the same issues at the beach and over the water. I just lost a unit while active tracking a dog on the beach. The drone suddenly swooped down close to the dog and the last thing I saw on the screen was the mouth of another dog taking down the drone and dropping it in the water. The video was corrupted.

Case # CAS-2215004-N5B1L2
2018-9-20
Use props
Pusia
lvl.1
United States

Ok so I tried today the same think at friends house, same subject + larger one over grass field and set it to fast track. The weird moves are there. My daughter is getting scared that it will crash Into her as it moves so unpredictably.

2018-9-20
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Might I suggest NOT using your daughter as a target until you understand any and all situations regarding AT.

Your Mavic can do some serious damage to people if it were to come in hard and make contact.......

Randy
2018-9-20
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Straker Posted at 2018-9-20 09:48
I have been having the same issues at the beach and over the water. I just lost a unit while active tracking a dog on the beach. The drone suddenly swooped down close to the dog and the last thing I saw on the screen was the mouth of another dog taking down the drone and dropping it in the water. The video was corrupted.

Case # CAS-2215004-N5B1L2

Lol that's crazy.. Yeah I never used active track. I just do it myself. Those auto modes are more for like spark where you don't really give a f if a dog eats it. I wonder what they'll do? I bet they look at it like the guy with the zoom, he's zooming into a guys window and bam.. Shot out the air with a shotgun while naked. Dji says- oh well
2018-9-20
Use props
Pusia
lvl.1
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-9-20 17:22
Might I suggest NOT using your daughter as a target until you understand any and all situations regarding AT.

Your Mavic can do some serious damage to people if it were to come in hard and make contact.......

Point taken
2018-9-20
Use props
Pusia
lvl.1
United States

Added some data from the flight to the video

2018-9-20
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

There are many reports about active track attack the tracking subject before. Not sure is this problem fixed in Active Track 2.0. Be very careful when using it. Highly recommended not using it to track children! It can cause serious injury if thing go wrong.
2018-9-21
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 231604 ft
United States

I am a new Mavic 2 Zoom owner.Active track works some times and other times I can't get the App to go after boxing in the  image I want to track. I am using Samsung 7 Edge phone. Any wisdom on the subject would be appreciated.
2018-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules