Gimbal Questions
935 3 2015-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jlmatalon
lvl.1

United States

My gimbal is all over the place.  Usually I do an IMU reset and then gimbal recalibration and it will work for maybe one flight but then start leaning to the side instead of aligning with the horizon.  I was wondering if the following is normal:

1. When standing still, the yaw control will cause the camera to shift from side to side.  Do all P3's do that?
2. I cannot point the camera above level -- the specs say that it should be able to point upwards slightly (I forget the spec, may 10-15 %)?
2015-5-30
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

If you want the Gimble to go higher you have to turn that option on under the Gimble settings, and yes when you use the yaw stick it will rotate the Gimble and if in fpv mode the aileron stick will also roll the Gimble, and elevator stick don't move it all which makes no since if it's in fpv mode, you would think you should get a small amount of tilt...  The manual says fpv mode should lock the Gimble but that isn't what it does so I think that option is broke..  If the Gimble locked you would see tilt, roll and yaw because of the p3 frame doing that to fly..  
So if they could get all 3 axes of the Gimble to lock in fpv mode that I would think would be how it should be
2015-5-30
Use props
jlmatalon
lvl.1

United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-5-31 10:18
If you want the Gimble to go higher you have to turn that option on under the Gimble settings, and y ...

Thanks for your response.
Is the following normal:  When I power up the P3, the gimbal does a little dance, and then settles in at about a 30 degree tilt from level.  If I do a calibration it will upright, but I was wondering if the "self test" at start up should result in the gimbal being level
2015-5-30
Use props
PhantomAtAK
lvl.2

United States

jlmatalon@gmail Posted at 2015-5-31 11:52
Thanks for your response.
Is the following normal:  When I power up the P3, the gimbal does a litt ...

When I power up, my gimbal does the little dance, then levels, no tilt.  It never tilts (in the footage I record).  It is always level.  This is the result I expect, and believe my experience is normal, your experience strikes me as unintended and undesirable.  Something wonky with your bird.  Wish I could guide you to a fix, but certainly one is needed.  
2015-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules