Dji Mavic Pro rrepair quote seems as though they didn’t look at the drone
968 10 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse5222fb1
lvl.1
Canada

I sent my Mavic Pro in about a week ago and received a repair quote yesterday, the reason it is broken is because someone cast their fishing rod at my Mavic Pro and tried to reel it down, the line then wrapped around one motor and that motor shut off and the drone proceeded to fly towards the wall on one side of the river above the man hitting it and falling down onto the concrete walkway below that runs along the side of the river that people use to fish from. I then went and walked down to the guy and we got the line untangled from the propeller and I proceeded to assess the damage. One of the back arms had broken off and two of the props were missing, the pieces underneath the back motors to cover the screw holes were both gone, and finally two of the elastics attaching the gimbal had come off. The picture was still up on my phone and all of the motors even still worked the gimbal and light were all still functioning. This being said I just got my repair quote from dji saying that it had been WATER DAMAGED and I would need to pay $695 USD!!! I live in Canada And I am never going to be able to pay that kind of money as I am a student and don’t even make that bi weekly, I know that it isn’t water damaged as it never went in the water so it sounds to me like they didn’t even look at the drone, just heard how it was hooked by someone fishing and fell into the water, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME as I live your products but am not going to be able to do anything about this as I don’t have that kind of money, I use mainly to benefit my school and don’t want a lack of professionalism to ruin that
2018-9-22
Use props
Dan B-P4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1247913 ft
United States

reason it is broken is because someone cast their fishing rod at my Mavic Pro and tried to reel it down, the line then wrapped around one motor

He intentionally damaged it that be the guy to talk to as that kinda of damage wouldn’t be covered under warranty, if not that be on you.

If he did do it intentionally you did get a copy of his identification right? called in the authorities if refused to provide it? Picture of him including any witnesses info etc?  

Here it would be a small claims case if he refused to pay for the damage he caused intentionly, not sure how that works where you are.

Dji isn’t going to cover it no reason they should got wet or not.

Won’t go into how probably shouldn’t have been flying close enough to people for something like that to happen to start with...

2018-9-22
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

This sounds messy. Your best option is to just buy a new drone and move on unless the idiot that destroyed your drone is willing to pay for it. (guessing not) DJI repair is basically saying your drone is totaled and needs to be replaced. good luck!
2018-9-22
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dan B-P4 Posted at 2018-9-22 06:01
reason it is broken is because someone cast their fishing rod at my Mavic Pro and tried to reel it down, the line then wrapped around one motor

He intentionally damaged it that be the guy to talk to as that kinda of damage wouldn’t be covered under warranty, if not that be on you.

I agree with you...

Most likely only 1/2 the story here and the pilot was at fault; flying to close to people is a NO NO.
Also, without the video/proof it is just a no win situation in a court / claims. nobody wins.
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello. I'm sorry for the trouble. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Let me help you with this. Can you please provide me your case number for me to check the status of the case? Thank you.
2018-9-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Never tell them , or even hint that you were even close to water lol.
2018-9-22
Use props
fanse5222fb1
lvl.1
Canada

Case number is
CAS-1999028-D7P3D1

Also I was flying it above me and I was on a bridge he was at the base of the bridge and had to cast straight up at it, I accounted for mis-casts as I have fished weekly and have never “accidentally cast 60 feet almost straight up”
And we have a very large population of homeless people in our city and they usually fish and live around the bridge I was just happy I got my drone
2018-9-22
Use props
fanse5222fb1
lvl.1
Canada

Jeez immediately my fault lol, it was hovering in place about ten feet away from the bridge and about ten feet up as I had just launched it and wasn’t moving it setting my camera settings up
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fanse5222fb1 Posted at 2018-9-22 18:43
Case number is
CAS-1999028-D7P3D1

Thank you for providing your case number. I will check on this case and once I have the result I will update you as soon as possible on the result. Thank you for your patience.
2018-9-23
Use props
fanse5222fb1
lvl.1
Canada

I am happy to say that any problems I had have been fixed with a new receipt for $197 usd which works out to about $256 cad they’ve said pretty much the same as what I had assumed needed replacing in the first place, now all I have to do is figure out if I can send my money via PayPal in Canadian or if I have to figure out how to convert money on the app
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fanse5222fb1 Posted at 2018-9-28 09:33
I am happy to say that any problems I had have been fixed with a new receipt for $197 usd which works out to about $256 cad they’ve said pretty much the same as what I had assumed needed replacing in the first place, now all I have to do is figure out if I can send my money via PayPal in Canadian or if I have to figure out how to convert money on the app

That's good to hear, Brodie. By the way, sorry for the delay in response. Regarding on processing the payment via Paypal, you may check this if it may help. If not, you may try to reach Paypal for further assistance. But if you have other concerns about the case, feel free to let us know anytime. Thanks!
2018-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules