Does charging the remote and ipad slow down the battery charge?
692 7 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey, guys, I wanted to find out more info about the charging adapter and the Mavic Pro 2. Does charging the remote and ipad/iphone via the battery charging adapter slow down the battery charge?
2018-9-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I am relatively sure that it doesn't, but it is easy to test when you charge next time. Do it once for battery only and another time with a battery at similar level with the additional devices connected and take the battery charging time for both scenarios.
2018-9-22
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-22 06:53
I am relatively sure that it doesn't, but it is easy to test when you charge next time. Do it once for battery only and another time with a battery at similar level with the additional devices connected and take the battery charging time for both scenarios.

I thought about that but my batteries usually have different levels after a flight, I was hoping for a more definitive answer
2018-9-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 2018-9-22 07:02
I thought about that but my batteries usually have different levels after a flight, I was hoping for a more definitive answer

Probably one of the DJI staff here will let you and us know.
2018-9-22
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Where is the staff on a reply to this Q?
2018-10-3
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

IMHO,   No matter what,  if you charge BOTH it will take much less time than charging a battery,  then charging the remote.

If you'd like to solve the issue completely......  https://www.amazon.com/Fstop-Mav ... dji+mavic+2+charger

I have the P4Pro version and it's been working flawlessly since January.   Charge 3 batteries and the RC in less than 1hr 15 min.

Randy
2018-10-3
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-10-3 09:34
IMHO,   No matter what,  if you charge BOTH it will take much less time than charging a battery,  then charging the remote.

If you'd like to solve the issue completely......  https://www.amazon.com/Fstop-Mavic-Battery-Charger-Rapid/dp/B07GYNZ4QT/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1538587888&sr=8-3&keywords=dji+mavic+2+charger

Do you mean it will take more time? I have a multi charger like the one you linked but I would like to know how the DJI charger operates as i use that when i travel.
2018-10-3
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 2018-10-3 09:38
Do you mean it will take more time? I have a multi charger like the one you linked but I would like to know how the DJI charger operates as i use that when i travel.

Sorry,   BOTH at the same time........will take far less time to charge ( stock power supply )

Than if you first charge the battery, and then charge the RC   

I do use the stock power supply to charge BOTH a battery and the RC at the same time....BUT, I also put a fan on the power supply as it WILL get hotter than charging 1 at a time.
The iPad and a Battery......the iPad draws far less than the flight battery.

Randy
2018-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules