Question for Phantom 2
1086 4 2015-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
forpanos
lvl.1
Greece

Hello guys.. i have a DJI Phantom 2 v2.0 with zenmuse h3-3d and fpv system..in the dji assistant software for the pc i have set it to engage failsafe when the battery reaches 20%.. i never fly my quadcopter beyond 300m far.. my question is ,can i lower the number from 20% to 15% or 10% ? what do you recommend ? thanks
2015-5-30
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

I would stay at 20% as a safety factor. If the battery gets to low the bird will automatically land. And when she dries it make no difference to her what she is over. Could be water, a highway. Street. House or even people. Even with 20% it cuts it close with a heavy headwind. You will need the 20%  when the battery gets a little older and its time shortens some. Just my opinion. From experiencing two autolandings. One two blocks away while returning home. That one landed in a neighbors yard. The second time not so nice into the deep woods and crashing down through the trees. No major damage but could have been. Enjoy flying and give yourself a safety reserve.
2015-5-31
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

I would not!

why?  is maybe a minute or 2 of flight worth not getting it back or getting it back in pieces.?

after hundreds of flights on multiple phantoms I will not fly below 40% give or take a bit.

Just don't trust the smarts in the smart battery anymore that much...
2015-6-1
Use props
Kilted Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

I ran mine close in till 20% or less (on purpose). It gave me the warning of battery level then it started the auto land. in my case, it started to rise to the go home altitude to come back and land (which was 10ft in front of me) .I flipped the S1 switch to regain control. If your quads start to do the auto land on a low battery, just flip the s1 switch to take control again. You may have to do it over and over just to get it back to a safe place to land.
2015-6-5
Use props
DWA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3176083 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would agree with others here and leave it at 20%

Dave
2015-6-5
Use props
Advanced