quick way to verify video
913 10 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tim ware
lvl.1
United States

I use the P4 with a ipad mini, and I have gotten confused on verifying after a flight that I have the video.  what is the quickest way to verify that I have video saved either to the  SD card or somewhere? Normally, when I change out batteries, I quickly look over the video but it does not always seem to exist but when I look at the original SD card back at the office on the office computer it is all there.   I must be missing something in the field when I want to just prove to myself that have the  source video before I call it complete and move on to another project.  I feel that it is operator error not a mechanical issue.
any help or advice would be appreciated.
2018-9-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It should be cached on your device.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your concern, I would recommend enabling the video cache on the app
2018-9-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bear in mind that the 'cache' video is simply a recording of the low resolution feed from the aircraft back to the RC unit that you use to gauge, frame and expose your shots. It is subject to any glitches in transmission and does not reflect the high quality file that is recorded to the aircraft's SD card.
2018-9-24
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need a microSD card on your drone and remember to record from your DJI app, be sure to STOP the recording when you are finished and before you begin the power down process. Then remove the microSD card and copy or move the contents to your computer or tablet for viewing/editing.
2018-9-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you press the record button in the app, it will save to the SD card in your aircraft, providing you have one installed. If the card is full, the app will tell you. To records the video on your phone/tablet, enable 'caching' in the app control menus. Then you can review it after the flight. But the copy on the SD card in the aircraqft is the only true copy, the one on your phone is low or preview quality only.

The only foolproof way to confirm you have a recording of the subject is to pop the card out of the aircraft, place it in an adapter and view it on a tablet or similar.
2018-9-24
Use props
tim ware
lvl.1
United States

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-9-24 17:17
You need a microSD card on your drone and remember to record from your DJI app, be sure to STOP the recording when you are finished and before you begin the power down process. Then remove the microSD card and copy or move the contents to your computer or tablet for viewing/editing.

I believe that I have been filming video and ran late on time and made hurried return to home and landing. Probably not turning off the video feed before powering down.  Would that be a cause for not seeing the raw video on my device after the flight?  Never thought of thought before you mentioned it but is my thinking correct.  thanks for your input
2018-9-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

tim ware Posted at 2018-9-25 05:59
I believe that I have been filming video and ran late on time and made hurried return to home and landing. Probably not turning off the video feed before powering down.  Would that be a cause for not seeing the raw video on my device after the flight?  Never thought of thought before you mentioned it but is my thinking correct.  thanks for your input

Yes, that can cause that effect. All you do is put the SD card back in the aircraft and power up the aircraft. That should repair the file on the SD card, but it will not affect the file in the cache on your device.

Not sure what you meant about 'raw video', the Phantoms do not record video in RAW.
2018-9-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-9-25 15:07
Yes, that can cause that effect. All you do is put the SD card back in the aircraft and power up the aircraft. That should repair the file on the SD card, but it will not affect the file in the cache on your device.

Not sure what you meant about 'raw video', the Phantoms do not record video in RAW.

I think he means video that hasn't been edited in any way

2018-9-25
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you did not stop recording before you turned off the drone, you most likely will loose all video because it did not have a chance to write the file to disk.
2018-9-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-9-25 16:41
If you did not stop recording before you turned off the drone, you most likely will loose all video because it did not have a chance to write the file to disk.

If you repair it straight away, the file can be saved. But you MUST do it immediately, if you start another recording instead, then the file will be lost. So you put the SD card back in the aircraft and power-cycxle the aircraft.

The file is still there, it is just that it has not been finalised.
2018-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules