APP Crashes mid flight. (up to date one firmware)
1882 23 2015-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using a NOTE 8 tablet with 4.4.2 Android.
This is the second time I go for a flight - LINE OF SIGHT mind you guys and aside from the laggy Light Bridge at times, I have had the app 10.1.0 crash on my twice mid light.
I was able to relauch it with not issues, but in my book the app should not crash withint less than 12 minutes on a short flight.

Is there a way to send DJI a crash log so that they can maybe look into fixing it etc?

Otherwise the INP1 is running great and by the way while the app was disconnedted I did not loose control or connection.

In addition, I wish the lightbridge was a bit more stable.
2015-5-31
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a device issue not an App issue.  I don't see the Note 8 as a supported device.  I use it on my S4 and it works fine for me and does not crash.
2015-5-31
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Okay, I'll play. I will fly with my note 4 and with my s4. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for the helpless answer - wasn't blaming the app,just looking to solve my issue.
2015-5-31
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

By the way a much helpful answer would have been something like "send us this files etc" rather than blaming the device.
FYI, since the day one my tablet was working well until now... so go figure.
2015-5-31
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-1 01:01
This is a device issue not an App issue.  I don't see the Note 8 as a supported device.  I use it on ...

Agreed. Never had the app crash and I use the nvidia shield.
2015-5-31
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

I had a crash too yesterday on the old version of 1.10 on my LG G3.  I didnt even realise it had crashed until I heard the female voice announcing "Welcome to your aircraft".  I dont know how long it had crashed for as I was flying in atti and not taking much notice of the video feed.  It didnt affect my control of the inspire at all so no panic.  I just clicked the camera icon and it reconnected and resumed video feed again.
2015-5-31
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FoxSTI Posted at 2015-6-1 03:34
Okay, I'll play. I will fly with my note 4 and with my s4. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks fo ...

I am sorry that you did not like my reply, but as you can see from others yours is not the usual experience.  
2015-5-31
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

^ I feel you didn't even try to help!? You are just telling me its my tablet's fault. So if I use my S4 or Note 3 which are supported and it crashed or disconnects then what are you going to tell me then?
So if my inspire flies away one day, are you going to tell me its my fault too? - come on. I am not bashing your company or the product. Just looking for help.
2015-5-31
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FoxSTI Posted at 2015-6-1 05:32
^ I feel you didn't even try to help!? You are just telling me its my tablet's fault. So if I use my ...

Let me know what happens when you try them.  I am trying to help you.  
2015-5-31
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

OK thank. So my bad earlier then
Ill fly it tomorrow.
2015-5-31
Use props
AllHappyUp
lvl.1

My Galaxy S4 crashed three times on my last few flights, and generally the app gets very slow during the flight. Video-Feed updates sometimes completely hangs (one Frame every 10 seconds or so), and whats worse, it doesn't react to touchscreen inputs. That was with the newest app-version from the DJI-Website (v1.1.0). I never had these problems before, so yesterday I deinstalled the app and installed the one from the App Store (v1.0.10) - only made one test flight yesterday evening and everything was fine again.

Well - not everything. My flightlog is empty now, and I prefered the better navigation through the options in the newer app-version.

I'm thinking about a new device anyway, maybe a Galaxy Note 4. Hopefully it will work better with that thing.

Sidenote: I once tried a friends iPhone 6 ... man - videofeed was so smooth and the app just works perfect with more features (i miss the zebra in the android app) ... i just don't like these apple products, otherwise i'd buy one in an instant...
2015-5-31
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

FoxSTI Posted at 2015-6-1 05:32
^ I feel you didn't even try to help!? You are just telling me its my tablet's fault. So if I use my ...

You could try being civil!   Ed is a great guy and always wants to help.

To suggest he's being dismissive or protective of the company is off base.

I once tried an old iPad that wasn't on the supported list and got the exact symptoms you mention.   But when using a supported iPhone 6 it is absolutely perfect.

The fact that you're using an unsupported device could be central to the discussion and probably is the answer to your question, so to say he's not being helpful is uncalled for.
2015-5-31
Use props
held.m78
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,
i just looked to the supported devices for inspire 1 and i cant find the galaxy s4 any more. also the galaxy tab pro is no longer listed.
here the supported android devices according to the dji homepage:
* Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini
2015-6-1
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I think the apps should be hardware agnostic. Many apps out there are. And while I understand that there is a large change between hardware among different manufacturers there should be a "push" to support more Samsung tablets and not phones. How many people really want to fly with their tiny phone screens.? I personally don't want to fly with my Note 3
2015-6-1
Use props
cford
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I've had my Insprire 1 for a couple of months now and it is brilliant. I control it with a Samsung S4 phone and it has been working really well until the last couple of flights on which both occasions the application crashed mid flight. Not too serious as the Inspire was fine so I just restarted the app. My S4 has Android 5.0.1 on it and the application and firmware are both at the latest. It may well be the way I was using the app that caused it to crash. I have two batteries for the Inspire and in both instances of the app crash it was on the second flight. In between flights while changing the battery I didn't shutdown the app. So the application was running while I did the change and then when I turned on the Inspire again the app picked up the connection and everything appeard fine. However around two minutes in to the second flight the app crashed. Next time I fly I will shutdown the app between flights and let you know how I got on.
2015-6-1
Use props
RonnieBeckett
lvl.2

United States

On my Nvidia Shield the app usually crashes but then starts right back up and looks to be still recording. When It happens I will see a quick pop up about some google app not responding. I haven't looked into it though or read the pop up closely since I'm usually panicking when it pops up... lol  
But if its acting like mine is.. its prolly something else running in the background that could be making it crash or maybe mine isnt really crashing and just leaves the screen for a moment due to what ever crashed... since it seems to keep recording.
2015-6-1
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

"To suggest he's being dismissive or protective of the company is off base."

That is YOUR opinion. I suppose nobody else is allowed their own? He is often dismissive in many posts on this website and usually provides MINIMAL assistance and mostly never enough to actually solve a problem.
2015-6-1
Use props
cford
New

United Kingdom

RonnieBeckett Posted at 2015-6-1 23:27
On my Nvidia Shield the app usually crashes but then starts right back up and looks to be still reco ...

Yes, I too get the Google pop-up but the app does not restart so I manually do it. I share your panicking pain!  I assumed, possibly wrongly, that the recording was carried out by the Inspire and not the app with the app merely a view on the current state of the drone and that's why the app crash does not cause any major problems? I could well be wrong as I'm a newbie.
2015-6-2
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I flew with my Note 3 yesterday for one battery.

The app did not crash - at least not this time.  I did like the size and weight of the controller, but I do not like where the phone is. I would like it closed to my fingers. I wonder if there is another mount.
It wasn't too terrible to see the info on the screen but having a little bigger screen is always nice. I really liked how lightweight it all became.
2015-6-2
Use props
RonnieBeckett
lvl.2

United States

cford Posted at 2015-6-2 23:01
Yes, I too get the Google pop-up but the app does not restart so I manually do it. I share your pa ...

Me noob too... but I will say.. I didn't see it happening with other versions on the app. But I've only been flying for about a month with a little over 40 flights. So I haven't seen much... lol
I do have an issues now where it won't sync the flight data to the cloud... I try daily... always fails. So you can check on that and see if you can add that to your other issues  lol
2015-6-2
Use props
dabadouba00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1207477 ft
Greece

Hello guys,
I am using the (supported by DJI) Sony Xperia Z3 on the second remote and it often crashes too.  On the other hand on the first controller I am using the (not supported) LG V-500 tablet and it has crashed only once in approximately 100 flights so far.
What can I say...?
2015-6-2
Use props
cford
New

United Kingdom

RonnieBeckett Posted at 2015-6-3 05:49
Me noob too... but I will say.. I didn't see it happening with other versions on the app. But I've ...

Sync to the cloud? I didn't know you could do that? Could you tell me whereabouts the function to do this is within the app as I can't seem to find it. I'm using the Android version.
2015-6-3
Use props
RonnieBeckett
lvl.2

United States

cford Posted at 2015-6-3 17:21
Sync to the cloud?  I didn't know you could do that? Could you tell me whereabouts the function  ...

I don't have the app in front of me to give exact instructions. But.. if you know the location in the app to view your flight log I believe there is an icon in the top right.. think it looks like a cloud... select that and it will upload you flight log to the DJI servers.
2015-6-3
Use props
mlpfw
lvl.2

United States

cford Posted at 2015-6-3 17:21
Sync to the cloud?  I didn't know you could do that? Could you tell me whereabouts the function  ...

I just started having the same issue with my Galaxy Tab after software upgrade.  Screen crashes but thanks to return to home on the radio, I was able to get my Inspire back because I was using the camera for my flight when  the app crashed.
2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules