Loss of GPS
543 7 2018-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drgnfli
lvl.2
Flight distance : 308822 ft
United States

My Mavic Pro is just about one year old.  It has been in one crash about five months ago which only damaged a prop as it tumbled thru the tree the lagging controls caused me to hit.  My Mavy has worked perfectly since then because I reverted back to an earlier version of the DJI Go4 app until about a week ago when this problem started.  I have been taking off from the same spot & landing it in the same spot (my back deck) for that year of ownership without a single GPS problem.  Last week, upon getting a Green light 'Ready to Go (GPS)' with 12 satellites showing in the next box; Tail light is GREEN; words telling me the Home Point is good.  

In top left of tablet: upon lift off from the deck, the GPS light on the tablet goes blank & the tail light turns red; the tablet shows 'In-Flight (Vision)' with the caution orange color; I immediately land back on the deck.  The RC shows 'System Failure' & the tablet top left box goes Red with "Cannot Takeoff."

I have recalibrated the compass & IMU multiple times since this defect started last week to no avail.  I had problems with pixelation & lagging commands with the V4.2.20 so I had reinstalled V4.2.16 & retained older versions of firmware which fixed my problem with pixelation & lag.  

Today, because of this latest GPS problem, I thought I might fix it by upgrading software & firmware, so I installed DJI GO4 V4.3.2 on my Samsung Tab A, I noticed the app seemed faster & I noticed a couple changes on my tablet screen - I thought this was a good sign!  I went out to the back deck, started up the usual way, tablet first, RC, then the MP.  After the usual short delay, the tablet showed a green 'Ready to Go (GPS)' in the top left, the voice said 'Home point has been updated, please check it on the map' as it always has & it showed I had 16 satellites.  

I took off & went to the 4' height as usual.  At that time the top left spot on the tablet turned to orange & showed "In-flight Vision" in caution orange color & the GPS indicator blanked out while it was showing those 16 satellites & the MPs tail light turned red.  The remote control was flashing "Check App Sys Warning" while a noisy beep was going on.  I landed immediately!  Again this is on my back deck with a clear view of the sky where I have taken off and flown many, many dozens of times...

So what is wrong with my Mavic Pro???  Any ideas out there?

2018-9-25
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Try a different phone/tablet and see if problem remains.
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. Did you manage to check the aircraft status to see if there will be a specific error message? I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your Mavic pro using the DJI Assistant 2 together with your computer. After using the DJI Assistant 2, you can re-calibrate the IMU and compass to see if the issue would persist, however, if it's still the same I'm afraid that the unit needs to be in-service. Please see the link below for you to download our assistant 2.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2018-9-25
Use props
Z-Zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27438 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don’t know how old is your Tab is. This happened to me when I had my Samsung S8. I purchased the new Note 9 and all my problems went away. I know I paid $900.00 for a new phone just to fly my Maivc….but some times you just need to say F….it and just Do It…. Never mind. Just buy it and forget about Nike.
2018-9-25
Use props
Drgnfli
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-25 16:34
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. Did you manage to check the aircraft status to see if there will be a specific error message? I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your Mavic pro using the DJI Assistant 2 together with your computer. After using the DJI Assistant 2, you can re-calibrate the IMU and compass to see if the issue would persist, however, if it's still the same I'm afraid that the unit needs to be in-service. Please see the link below for you to download our assistant 2.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

I went to that site & downloaded & installed latest DJI GO4 app a few days ago & recalibrated the IMU & the compass a couple times & they both indicated green.  R U saying I should recalibrate using the Assistant 2  also??
2018-9-26
Use props
Drgnfli
lvl.2
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-25 15:32
Try a different phone/tablet and see if problem remains.

OK, I tried reverting back to my phone, Pixel XL, & everything went thru all the same lights & announcements right up to take off.  Two seconds after takeoff, the green "Good to Fly" light changed to caution, the blinking green tail light turned red & the 16 GPS sats disappeared - just as before.  Guess I will have to find a repair shop...
2018-9-26
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Drgnfli Posted at 2018-9-26 14:09
OK, I tried reverting back to my phone, Pixel XL, & everything went thru all the same lights & announcements right up to take off.  Two seconds after takeoff, the green "Good to Fly" light changed to caution, the blinking green tail light turned red & the 16 GPS sats disappeared - just as before.  Guess I will have to find a repair shop...

I too would now send it back to DJI for repairs. Wouldn't risk even taking it off for floor to test, it could just take on a mind of it's own and who knows where it could end up. Send it back buddy, it is a relatively smooth procedure and quite fast. You'll be back in the air in no time. Good luck and happy flying.
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Drgnfli Posted at 2018-9-26 13:33
I went to that site & downloaded & installed latest DJI GO4 app a few days ago & recalibrated the IMU & the compass a couple times & they both indicated green.  R U saying I should recalibrate using the Assistant 2  also??

Hi, Thanks for your response. Did you manage to use the DJI Assistant 2? You can restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of you drone using that application. If it's still doing the same thing, I'm afraid that the drone needs to be in service. You can check the link below in any case you need to reach our team. Thank for the support.
2018-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules