Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Lag / Pause Android in FPV
216602 1033 2015-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cwilliams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2327411 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have noticed that since "around" the 1.1.9 firmware Im seeing more lag / pausing than I used to.   I have seen this now on both of my Android devices.
Devices:  SAMSUNG S6 Edge (5.0) and Nvidia Shield Tablet (5.1)
Condition:  Airplane mode on or off
Recording:  On or Off
Distance:  Football Field or greater

Symptom:  Video feed comes in but will stutter consistently,  especially when turning as you see the issue more clearly,  a pause can happen as well sometimes as long as 2 - 3 seconds but then catches up.  No display errors full signal,  full batteries.

Videos captured are fine.

2015-5-31
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

Happens to me to!!

No matter what I do... I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S and it is shitty FPV... horrible!

I think is only gps satellites acquired. If it is inside (indoor) with no GPS signal, the image is good.

please fix this DJI!!

Regards
2015-5-31
Use props
cwilliams
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TiagoMatias Posted at 2015-6-1 06:26
Happens to me to!!

No matter what I do... I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S and it is shitty FPV... hor ...

In not sure what you mean by satellites acquired.  As the number of satellites has nothing to do with FPV image quality.
2015-5-31
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

TiagoMatias Posted at 2015-6-1 06:26
Happens to me to!!

No matter what I do... I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S and it is shitty FPV... hor ...

hey me too... what do you mean by "No GPS"  Have you tested this?

I'm interested to hear about your findings...

chris
2015-5-31
Use props
bank09
lvl.1

Thailand

I I have problems with jerky video live feed when flying . If I was indoor the video is smooth . But when outdoor the video is jerky.

Please take a look at the video clip and watch gps signal meter.
When p3 acquires satellites The Video live feed will begin to jerk
but when no satellite The video live feed is smooth.

My device is sony z3

Dji phantom 3 video live feed testing:

2015-5-31
Use props
cwilliams
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

bank09 Posted at 2015-6-1 07:56
I I have problems with jerky video live feed when flying . If I was indoor the video is smooth . But ...

Thats interesting.  Although I was distracted at first because the video or whatever it is playing on the iPad is also stopping and skipping.  It would be a better video (for clarity) if the ipad was playing a more fluid consistent loop.

2015-5-31
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

cwilliams@trico Posted at 2015-6-1 12:58
Thats interesting.  Although I was distracted at first because the video or whatever it is playing ...

My iPad 2 works just fine.  Can you all show some video?  We can then forward to DJI HQ for review.
2015-5-31
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

Tahoe_Ed, you can see my test video here:

http://youtu.be/5fzxQ2d_LNE

As you can notice, when I am inside my house, with no GPS signal, the video is smooth (kindoff) .. but when I go to the balcony and Phantom3 adquire GPS signal the FPV become jerky with lag and stutter.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE with this specifications:

Samsung Exynos Octa 5420 - 4 cores A15 @ 1.9 GHz + 4 cores A7 @ 1.9 GHz; GPU Mali-T628 and 3GB of RAM
2015-6-1
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

And in this test the lag is more or less good. Sometimes is so much worse!
2015-6-1
Use props
petter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663179 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Galaxy Tabs S -> starting well, then after 5-7 minutes image start to freeze, freeze and then have a very nice still picture
Read in some other posts could be also a 8 cores Vs. 4 cores problem...

Come one DJI, iOS app. is version 1.1.2, we're still with 1.1.0 for Android (2 steps back...) -> give us the 1.1.2 !
(looking at the worldwide figures, they are more Android on the market than iOS.... but must be something else behind... A2 flight controller has also only an iOS app and no Android....)

Do you really want that I spend my money for an iPad instead of buying some extra batteries in your shop?
2015-6-1
Use props
tntfarmservice
New

United States

I'm having the same issues with my android. I borrowed an IPad and the video quality greatly improved with less lag and stutter. Hopefully DJI will update the android app soon.
2015-6-1
Use props
Darkfito
lvl.2

Spain

My lag starts to happen when he took 3 or 4 minutes flight.  

I can not fly well and safe, it is horrible. :@

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (LTE)
2015-6-1
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

Indeed.. It is not safe to fly like this.

I can do a 360º yaw and the image stays in same place regarding the lag. And it get worse as much time of flight...

2015-6-1
Use props
cwilliams
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

This is a huge issue.   Unfortunately DJI seems to be overwhelmed.  
2015-6-1
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

I did some testing tonight...

Samsung TAB S 10.5 ....running stock setup.. running DJI app. All updated to latest firmware and app on tablet.

PH3A video settings...stock out of the box settings..... running latest firmware also.

stopwatch app running on my surface...

non GPS mode seems good....

GPS mode on...

you see the time jump around a lot..

DJI guys? any thoughts?

Thxs Chris
2015-6-2
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

FYI.... this something happened after the last PH3 firmware update.  didn't notice it before... running 1.1.9 DJI and 4.4.1 Android.
2015-6-2
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326693 ft
United States

I'm running into this same problem on both the galaxy tab s 10.5 and the galaxy s5 (a DJI recommended device.) I've called and used their chat feature. They all says that this is the first they've heard about the problem and suggested trying another recommended device...

They did say, that the would make a note of it for their dev team. However, since I know something about software development, this will not become a priority until the Product Manager thinks it is a big enough issue to address.

Please contact DJI support http://www.dji.com/support and let them know this is an issue that needs to be resolved. They may randomly scan these forums, but it isn't going to get resolved here.
2015-6-2
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

venturedrone you're right! Just hope enough people complain in order they can fix that!
2015-6-2
Use props
bluemagic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1129629 ft
United States

Note 4 here with same issues. I feel as though i paid top dollar and for a worse experience than my P2 running wifi! It was much better before the latest firmware update.
If I try and line up a shot, it keeps missing the mark because the frames skip!
It's simply unsafe to fly this way.
2015-6-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

R&D is doing research about it.
2015-6-2
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-6-3 14:46
R&D is doing research about it.

Thank you  

If u need any help around thIs? Please let me know  ..

Thxs again  

2015-6-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-6-3 15:18
Thank you  

If u need any help around thIs? Please let me know  ..

What about the battery remaining power when you did the test?
2015-6-2
Use props
richardpwills
lvl.1

Thailand

I had this on my Iphone 5s. After 5 minutes, phone would become hot and the lag would be so bad that I could only fly it in line of sight. This would also happen on an Ipad mini 2. The new DJI pilot update 1.1.2 has helped and reduced the lag and freezing. Also, try enabling hardware decoding ( I know the ipad 2 has this option, not sure on other tablets/phones.)  and try choosing a channel manually and lowing the FPV from 6mbs to 3mbs.

If you live in a hot climate, this can effect it to. The lag/pause comes and goes. I never did pin point the reason for it but lowing the amount of CPU usage on the device should help. I always fly with all apps closed and in air plane mode.

Good luck! I know how frustrating it is!
2015-6-3
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-6-3 15:27

DJI-Autumn, no matter what,  it allways happen the same. My last test was everything fully charged, remote control, intelligent flight batteries and galaxy tab s!
2015-6-3
Use props
Darkfito
lvl.2

Spain

TiagoMatias Posted at 2015-6-3 23:14
DJI-Autumn, no matter what,  it allways happen the same. My last test was everything fully charged ...

I also have everything loaded and i continue to lag.

(Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 5.0)
2015-6-3
Use props
PhantomAtAK
lvl.2

United States

10 lifetime charge cycles on my battery.  Flying fully charged.
Fully charged controller.
Google Nexus 9 tablet (recommended device)
DJI Pilot app from DJI page. 1.1.0
Firmware 1.1.9

No lag with 1.1.8

Horrible lag with 1.1.9.  

Fix this issue.  

Given that some report improved viewing experience when GPS is disabled, perhaps a flight logging/caching change from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 has created an increased processing burden that is overwhelming our Androids.  

Please fix it.  Flying is a whole lot edgier with this issue.  I want smooooooth.

2015-6-3
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

PhantomAtAK... Well, you said that and I think of something.. I didn't try it yet because I can't right now, but anyone of you tried fly without cache locally when recording? Well I don't know because this happens even if you don't record anything... I really don't get it...
2015-6-3
Use props
cegio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 671257 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Here one more with the same problem, I´m moderator in a  forum about phantom and all the people who  has updated to version 1.1.9 has this problem.
We tried to fly without cache locally when recording and the problem continues
This happens on Android and iOS devices, we need a solution, its not safe to fly that way.
2015-6-3
Use props
PhantomAtAK
lvl.2

United States

cegio Posted at 2015-6-4 01:59
Here one more with the same problem, I´m moderator in a  forum about phantom and all the people who ...

I understand there is a more detailed set of flight logs (unreadable to us even with web converters)  for the DJI logs. These are stored on the DJI micro sd card nested on board (visible in the battery bay, but largely inaccessible). This is where the "encrypted" logs are stored, and will be requested by DJI from you if you suffer a crash they want to investigate with more details.  I would expect these are logs you cannot turn on or off.  Perhaps as they work through the first users crashes on 1.1.8, they have added some code in 1.1.9 to drill down on an area they believe is problematic.

In the absence of feedback from DJI, we are left to speculate, stir stuff up, kick the bee hive seeking a reaction, a response, a little love.

Come on DJI, show us some love.  We want to fly, safely and with confidence.

2015-6-3
Use props
Paniza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Samsung tab 3 8"

Same issue.

Lag and sometimes the app crashes.

If crashes, Phantom 3 stops in mid air until app is back.

Thanks,

2015-6-3
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Battery 100%
GPS 17
2015-6-3
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

richardpwills@g Posted at 2015-6-3 16:08
I had this on my Iphone 5s. After 5 minutes, phone would become hot and the lag would be so bad that ...

Hi Mate,

What you have said here does not apply to a Android device or what I'm seeing...

Not a temp problem... out of the box cold I see the issue.

Turn GPS off... problem gone.

Turn GPS on.... Problem returns.

Thxs for your input.

Regs Chris
2015-6-3
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

TiagoMatias Posted at 2015-6-4 01:39
PhantomAtAK... Well, you said that and I think of something.. I didn't try it yet because I can't ri ...

Yep doing this....  No difference.
2015-6-3
Use props
bank09
lvl.1

Thailand

when 100% battery it's still jerky
2015-6-3
Use props
DVD Mansion
lvl.2
Canada

Same issues here with Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Samsung S5 newest firmware is the problem AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!
2015-6-3
Use props
ImmortalCulture
lvl.2

Canada

Same issue with Galaxy s4 Android 5.0
2015-6-3
Use props
Rortizurbina
lvl.1

Spain

I am also experiencing the same problem. Just got the Phantom 3 out of the box, flies really good. No flying issues. Updated firmware 1.1.9. All systems green and checked.
Ipad Air and latest DJI Pilot App. Maximum distance between the Phantom and the controller around 150 mts. Test flight made on open field, no powerlines, not known electromagnetic interferences using P-GPS mode
FPV Image is very laggy. Not safe to use it for flying
2015-6-3
Use props
techellc
lvl.1

United States

I have same issue. this sux.
2015-6-4
Use props
Kevin Stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649426 ft
India

Having the same LAGGY FPV ! Using P3A , V1.1.9. Also app crashes randomly ,once the FPV starts lagging in 4-5 mins from take off!
Tried on multiple android devices, but same lag in FPV, Cannot fly FPV!! Please solve this issue with the next update!,
Since it is the same hardware as inspire1 (light bridge), looking for smooth and clear(720p) FPV!
2015-6-4
Use props
Arct1C0n
New

United States

Kevin Stewart Posted at 2015-6-5 00:30
Having the same LAGGY FPV ! Using P3A , V1.1.9. Also app crashes randomly ,once the FPV starts laggi ...

My Note 4 is basically useless for FPV, might as well fly blind for all its worth now
2015-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules