5360 11 2018-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_vqZe4ZyPoTQr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469583 ft
Sweden

Hi!
Battery problems doesnt seems to have an end.
Here is what happened this time.
I bought an extra battery for my Air, flew it two times flawlessly
Third time I put the fully charged battery in the AC and i get some error messages "Can not take off", "Battery output power insufficient. Please charge the battery". Battery reading is 100%.
I restart the AC three times then everything is normal.
I get home, with the same battery in the AC showing 38%, same error massage, but now I can't takeoff even after a couple restarts.

What is this all about?
2018-9-28
Use props
Henrijs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
Mexico

Dont make experiments. Just send it back. Its not worth to drop your drone from skies for 60 eur battery.
2018-9-28
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Defect one definitely, send it out for immediate replacement. Safe flights!
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience.  May I know if you are using the original charger of  DJI?  
Please do the battery discharging and charging circle. If the error persists, kindly contact our support team to start up a case: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav). You can provide your case number here in case you need further assistance. Thanks for your support.
2018-9-28
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Is the new battery update to latest firmware?
2018-9-28
Use props
Nordium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10875728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure that your battery is on the latest firmware. If it is and you're still experiencing issues, I would say contact DJI immediately and get it replaced. If there's an error now and it disappears later, you wouldn't want to take any chances (especially while you're in the air). There's obviously something wrong with your battery.
2018-9-28
Use props
djiuser_vqZe4ZyPoTQr
lvl.1
Sweden

Nordium Posted at 2018-9-28 07:57
Make sure that your battery is on the latest firmware. If it is and you're still experiencing issues, I would say contact DJI immediately and get it replaced. If there's an error now and it disappears later, you wouldn't want to take any chances (especially while you're in the air). There's obviously something wrong with your battery.

How do I check the firmware version of the battery? Isn't this done automatically as it checks for firmware updates for the AC and the remote every time power it up?
2018-9-28
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_vqZe4ZyPoTQr Posted at 2018-9-28 08:25
How do I check the firmware version of the battery?

When you start DJI GO, you'll see an "Inconsistent Firmware Found" message if the battery firmware needs to be updated.
2018-9-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

How do I check the firmware version of the battery? Isn't this done automatically as it checks for firmware updates for the AC and the remote every time power it up?

It can only check if there is an internet connection. You best do it at home with DJI Assistant: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-9-28
Use props
Nordium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10875728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since you bought the battery separately, it was updated to the latest firmware at the time of production. When you first put the battery in the drone, did it prompt you to update the firmware? If it did and you updated successfully, start a case with DJI and get it replaced. If it didn't ask you to update your firmware, try using DJI Assistant and check the firmware that way. Sometimes the batteries/drones themselves don't pick up the most recent firmwares without the user installing them manually.
2018-9-28
Use props
djiuser_vqZe4ZyPoTQr
lvl.1
Sweden

Nordium Posted at 2018-9-28 09:44
Since you bought the battery separately, it was updated to the latest firmware at the time of production. When you first put the battery in the drone, did it prompt you to update the firmware? If it did and you updated successfully, start a case with DJI and get it replaced. If it didn't ask you to update your firmware, try using DJI Assistant and check the firmware that way. Sometimes the batteries/drones themselves don't pick up the most recent firmwares without the user installing them manually.

I just did a firmware refresh with DJI Assistant 2 and now there is a different error message: "Can not take of. Ensure that the battery is properly connected".

The battery goes back to DJI tomorrow, so sick of this.
2018-9-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

take it back to the store and tell them it is defective and wish to exchange it... if its online store that does not offer exchanges, then get refund after returning, and buy another
2018-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules